lost job due to a lack of judgement and now not sure what lies ahead as market are tight and not sure how to explain career break. Very very good career but not sure what next now. Feel negative alot. Though i know i am best at what I do but just fear of how do i handle interview questions on career break and reasons makes me shaky. At times I feel this is end of corporate career for me. Not sure how to control emotions.
I've never had a job before, so I don't know what it's like. HOWEVER, I can give you some tips on how to be good at public speaking aka interview.
1. Make eye contact.
2. If you don't want to make eye-contact, look at the bridge of someones nose or their eye brows. It will look like you are making eye contact.
3. Speak loudly and clearly.
4. Don't cross you legs and uncross them repeatably. Find a nice, comfortable position and stay that way.
5. Talk about how you are the best at what you do.
6. Ignore the above 95% of the time. No one likes to listen to people ramble on about themselves.
7. If you are the best, you've got nothing to worry about.
Hope this helps!
Get Matched With a Therapist If you would like real online counseling from trained, Licensed, and Certified Professionals, visit our Therapists section to take a questionnaire and be matched with a counselor that's right for you.