Victoria Hufflepuff said 9 years, 6 months ago:

It was nearly Halloween and all the students in Hogwarts hid inside the castle from the cold rain droplets. It was hard to believe that only a few weeks ago the weather outside was bright and happy; now the students started to wear their house scarfs and winter cloaks again. The days were darker and all the candles were carefully lit by the carekeeper.
When the lunch time arrived, all the students moved quickly to the great hall- the brightest and happiest place in the castle. It soon filled with noise and laughs across all of the tables. The students chatted happily about their days and plans for the afternoon. Nearly everyone was there… nearly.
Victoria was sitting in the dark and cold library. The Hufflepuff scarf around her neck and her blonde hair falling onto the book. There was no one there with her- even the librarian left. All the could hear was the silent sound of page flipping. She knew she should have left by now; but she didn’t have much to look forward to in the great hall. She prefered it there, by herself… in quiet.
-That is until the silence was broken. She turned around sharply to where the noise was coming from, she knew it wasn’t any of the teachers- she knew the sound of their footsteps well… She kept looking until a dark figure came into the view.
(Victoria is 17, in her 6th year in Hogwarts. She is 5’5, blonde, green eyes, quite petite. I have a face-claim if you’re interested. You can reply as anyone in any era, but the marauders are prefered.

Deleted User said 9 years, 6 months ago:

It was James Glassbong, the faculty stoner, who just finished getting high in the boys room with the ghost of George Harrison, and now was wandering through the halls aimlessly, looking at pretty lights and stuff. James was wearing his black Black Sabbath wizard robe and a Hufflepuff scarf, which smelled strongly of wizard pot. He passed by Victoria, as if not seeing her, and started slowly browsing through the books in a bookcase a couple of rows away from where she sat. The books all had pretty boring sounding names, although one of them looked like fun. Its hard cover was made of something that looked like human skin, and the book itself was held in iron chains. A big yellow sticker left by someone read “Not meant for the world of the living”.
- Cool, – said James, and sat in a cozy chair next to the fire place. The locks on the book looked old and rusty, but held strongly.
- Okay, let’s just Alohomora this bastard open then, – said James to himself and took out his eco-friendly bio-degradable hemp wizard wand, preparing to cast the spell…

Victoria walked over to him, placing her hand carefully on his shoulder, “Hello there,” she said softly, ” maybe you shouldn’t touch that…” She says as she pushes the book back onto its shelf.

- Pfft, what can go wrong? – said james, – It’s not like this school has a major He-who’s-not-to-be-named-related disaster every year! Alochamora!

The locks on the book clinged open, and James opened it. The book was written in something that looked like red ink. It had strange writing in it and pictures of queer creatures, skulls, and other disturbing stuff.

- Whoa, – whispered James, flipping through pages.

She went over to shut the book, but the moment she touched the pages she felt something pull her inside. She heard herself scream and grab him- pulling him inside the book with him.

The air became hot and dry, the wind strong and sandy. They were suddenly in a desert, tall sand dunes around them, no sign of civilization.
- Oh, dude, no way… – said Glassbong, taking off his scarf. He started looking around as if searching for something.

“Well, great.” she says as she looks at him, “I told you not to touch anything!”

- Well I’m not the one who pulled us in Yemen, – Glassbong replied, calmly making a makeshift turban out of his Hufflepuff scarf, – At least I think it’s Yemen. If that book was what I think it was, that is.

He looked at Victoria.

- You should probably cover your face, uh… Vicky, is it? Although I don’t think we’ll meet a lot of people in this desert to enforce the Shariah… – he added.

Around them were endless miles of desert sand, and the deep blue skies above. Not a cloud in sight, and no hope for water. The scenery could have almost seem beautiful, if it wasn’t so deadly.

In the distance, a small hut could have been seen. There was no sign of life near it, but it looked like shelter. Some things were scattered all around it, there was no way of telling what exactly. Suddenly, a loud scream came from the hut.

She pulled him back, “Maybe we should stay here, wait for someone to take us back to school?” She asked as she looked at the small hut with terror. Why did this happen to her? Why her when all she wanted was to read peacefully?
She moved infront of him, just to make sure that he wouldn’t move. She kept looking back at the hut, “Maybe someone’s hurt…” she whispered to herself, “Maybe we should help…”

- Yeah, we probably should. Let’s go.

And not looking back, he went straight to the hut, balancing his hands out as if walking on a wire.

- Ride the snake, ride the snake, to the lake, the ancient lake… You know, the Doors. This is our vision quest, man! – he turned back to Victoria. – Anyway, we probably gonna meet a very very… troubled individual. I mean, don’t freak out or anything, there’s nothing we probably can’t handle, but, you know… I’m sorry, I’m muttering.

He chuckled and went on to the hut.

It was actually a tent, and a very untidy one. Cracked jars and other broken things were scattered around it. The smell of human sweat and urine was unbearable. Another scream came from the inside.

James jumped. All was quiet again all of the sudden. A cold drop of sweat rolled down Jame’s temple. He rubbed his hands uneasily, and pushed the flap covering entrance to the tent away.

Inside the tent a very thin dark skinned man sat. He was staring blandly into the space in front of him. His lips were moving in silence as if in an endless chant. A thick beard and dirty hair formed a sort of wool hat around his face.

James waved his hand in front of man’s face, but got no reaction.

- Abdul? – asked James.

The man twitched, and slowly turned his head towards him, scanning James with his wide opened eyes.

- Abdul Alhazred? – he asked again.

A loud, hellish yell was the answer to that question. Abdul, if that was him, jumped out of his tent and started running towards a tall sand dune.

- Quick! After him! – cried James, – He’s our key back!