Deleted User said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Lets be real, virtual Games these days are designed to be addictive and immersive, its like crack cocaine. I play pool every now and then when a good opponent is there, every time all the computer gaming stations are filled with fat, unhealthy kids, spending all their cash on online gaming. These kids, will go into their 20s, crying why have I never kissed a girl..
You might be the lucky few who have will power, not to succumb to its power;p

The Giggle Blizzard said 9 years, 9 months ago:

@aristotle Yeah I mean why watch movies or listen to music or view art when you got real life? I admit, reality is pretty awesome but still.

“Lets be real, virtual Games these days are designed to be addictive and immersive, its like crack cocaine.”

Depends entirely on what kind of games you’re playing.

So you are trying to debate with me, how games like warcraft and call of duty, are not specifically designed to be addictive or immersive?
Man gaming might be an experience, but, people are addicted to that experience. Plenty of people openly admit it!! Like I cant even stand the thought of a world where virtual reality, trumps the real thing.
Did you seriously just compare, Call of duty, to Mozart and Monet, god kill me, i cant stand this world:(

What do you all think of Call of Duty? Is it a fun thing that should be embraced, or is it bad and dumb and holding back society or something equally grandiose?

All my responses till now have been in context with this question asked by the fan boy, its not personal;p

iOS games like Angry Birds along with games such as the newer Call of Duty games are definitely designed to be addictive, games with a lot of microtransactions or DLC support this. But the gaming medium is more than just large AAA publishing companies trying to make a lot of buck. I’m not comparing Call of Duty to Mozart, I have no idea how you came to that conclusion, excuse me, all I’m saying is that you’re making huge generalizations and thinking that Call of Duty=Gaming.

Personally I think you should play CoD if you like it, don’t if you don’t – but mind your own business.

“Yeah I mean why watch movies or listen to music or view art when you got real life? I admit, reality is pretty awesome but still.”

Like even a 10 year old, would assume you said this in context with COD and life to Music and art to life. Either that, or you were being unintentionally sarcastic, beats me…

We are talking about Call of Duty here, you stubborn guy, not the massive civilization of gaming, I answered his question, so wtf are you on about lol?

ppps. i mentioned warcraft earlier, coz its in context, like warcraft fanboys and cod fanboys sound the same!

Oh we’re talking Call of Duty?

“Lets be real, virtual Games these days are designed to be addictive and immersive, its like crack cocaine. I play pool every now and then when a good opponent is there, every time all the computer gaming stations are filled with fat, unhealthy kids, spending all their cash on online gaming.”

I didn’t realise “virtual games” and “online gaming” were slang for Call of Duty specifically.

Even then it’s not like Mozart is the only music out there. If Journey is a game to be compared with Mozart then One Direction may a band to be compared to Call of Duty, and my point still stands. If you like Call of Duty I wouldn’t consider the fact that you’re playing it a hinder for society or whatever bs you said.

DJ Not Nice said 9 years, 9 months ago:

@giggleblizzard Yeah terrible reasons, terribly true. ;)

@djnotnice P much all games have immature shitty player bases and pretty much all games are unrealistic, I guess you’re just not into gaming hah :P

Mr. Milquetoast said 9 years, 9 months ago:

This thread is pretty terrible

DJ Not Nice said 9 years, 9 months ago:

@giggleblizzard I like the most unrealistic game: Minecraft. And yet I play it the most realistic way possible… Must be just me haha probably…

Minecraft is pretty chill though

Well, I agree giggleblizzard, My earlier comment was not clear at all. Most gaming stations are solely devoted to Warcraft or whatever new version of crack that’s been developed, obviously they are doing something right, its like brain crack once you are on it, you cant go back!

^ I don’t even know what you’re talking about at this point lol

:-? I give up.