Deleted User said 10 years ago:

I’m trying to get into the habit of writing more often – any advice/ideas/inspiration for poems or pieces of prose?

Vivid Melody said 10 years ago:

Write about what you are passionate about. It could be a current struggle you are going through. Feelings that you are frustrated about, a subject that really gets under your skin. Just find that thing that comes from within.

Envisioneer said 10 years ago:

I like to write about ideal social systems and worlds. What about you? I can share my works.

rosy posy said 10 years ago:

Write what you want to write; that’s what I do. That’s what makes me happiest.

Siddharth Raj said 10 years ago:

I write whenever I am depressed. I begin with what made me sad but then I also take inspiration from interesting events from the people I know or my own life. All my characters are my own voices.
I tend to pick up philosophical topics that are conflicting to me.

For eg.
X is a man. Y is a woman. (or vice-versa)

X loves Y. X is separated from Y by society. X falls into manic depression and ultimately commits suicide.

Now, X is a person and Y is a cigarette.
Apply the same situation and it feels much worse right?

This is what I write about because this is what I like.

I hope you find this explanation helpful.

philosophical bread said 10 years ago:

Id like to write a novel about innocence. It’s a magical thing. Pure. It’s the happiest moments of our lives. Nostalgic.

Read Bridge to Terabithia, it’s my eye-opener.

StephenDMH said 10 years ago:

I am writing a sci-fi series! I came up with the idea in a creative writing class and am thinking of having writing be my career!

Korol Piratov said 10 years ago:

I write then record raps, usually about what i love, or just stuff that really interests me. I rap about suicidal thoughts, my paranoia, anger, happiness, girls i like, girls that hurt me, anything really, kind of a way to vent.

Worries_never_stop said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I love to write about the interaction about light and dark. They are both so strong yet so easily broken, like innocence. I love the clash of evil and good and illusions of reality and dream. I have a story I’m working about that contains all of this <3

SOWISA said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I love the idea of horror/fantasy/adventure type plots, I usually get a story line in dreams, or when I go for a walk. I like the idea of shade of grey, nothing being exactly black or white, just real.

katie said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I used to really enjoy writing poems and I did that a lot as well as short stories. Science fiction/fantasy is what I enjoy most. :)

Jessica said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I write poetry more than prose. I like writing about mental illness as well as fantasy. Those are the two topics I would say I write the most about. :)

PneumaticDragon said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I used to write about something that would give me temporary inspiration, like a another book or television show. After that inspiration was gone, I would stop writing my book halfway through and never finish. But now I have learned to write about my own feelings and interests expressed through my characters. I am presently working on a story based on this philosophy, and I hope this story will go better for me than the ones previous.