Pat Morrison said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I am 18. I have kinda fallen for a 14 year old boy who goes to my school. My parents started flipping shit when they found out that me and him had kissed and stuff and I feel horrible, like a pedophile or something. Is it really that wrong? What are peoples views on the male being significantly younger in High School ages.

Яadia Hips said 10 years, 5 months ago:

i’m more curious what attracted you to this young man. is it physical or chemistry? because ideally an 18 year old girl would be attracted to boys around her age or even older, unless he’s just that damn ahead of his peers. its possible you’re both very mature. it is a large age gap though and legally you can be tossed in jail if his parents wanted to, so be mindful of that.

Pat Morrison said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I would say it is physical, because I started out being very physically attracted to him. he is pretty fine. and he and I also have a lot in common. hes not exactly ahead of his peers in any particular way, unless you count the fact that he is one of the best kissers ever as being ahead of his peers. I realize the legal part, that is why my mother has been freaking out about this alot, she doesnt want me going to jail instead of college.

Deleted User said 10 years, 3 months ago:

My mom freaked out when my boyfriend kissed me, and he’s just two years younger than me. He’s such a rebel sometimes, I swear haha. Anyway, are you two in a relationship yet? Also, you can’t get arrested for kissing. And unless his parents or yours press charges for the big nasty WITH significant evidence, you can’t technically get in trouble.

Your mother’s freak out may just be due to her generation’s lack of understanding of our generation’s love is love acceptance. LGBT, different races, different ages-it doesn’t matter to our generation as much as it did to previous ones. Love overcomes so much when true and put to the test. So, if anything, if you want this to happen long term, or even just to be official, if there’s anything I’ve learned in the 1.5 years with my love, it’s that you have to be SO patient with both your parents. It’s a big deal, and a big thing for them. It may ease your mother’s mind if his parents are totally ok with it and they know.

kat036 said 10 years, 1 month ago:

things happen and at your ages its so hard i know ,you cant help who you fall for or like ,but stop and think at times

nkz said 10 years, 1 month ago:

This is really weird. In 90% of cases it is other way around because girls are way more mature in teenage years. If age is below 18, I would not date anyone who is 4 years younger. It is the standard around here. My sister is 4 years younger and I can’t imagine dating someone of her age. I would seriously consider this relationship if I was you, because of peer pressure. People *might* call you pedo for this.

Humanist Hope said 10 years, 1 month ago:

The issue in your case, Miss Morrison is not whether or not you can fall in love with someone 4 years younger than yourself, people marry as much as 30 years out of their age group.

Your concern is legality. It is 100% illegal for you to be in a physical, sexual relationship with that boy. The WORLD average age for consensual sex is 16, and he is even below that.

The number only matters when they are below the legal age of consent. Love can wait. It is not worth spending your life on a Sex Offender registry for the sake of a few summers worth of fun. Leave the romance alone with that boy until he is of legal age to consent, or you can be thrown behind bars for statutory rape.

The sex offender registry is no joke. Don’t treat it like one. You aren’t risking a misdemeanor and some community service, you’re talking very real jail time and a large chunk of the only life you get to live.

Deleted User said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I agree with the above, that you should wait on the physical things until you’re both of age–however, you can use that time to strengthen and bond without having to go all the way, or even “to the next level” physically.

In today’s adult world, so many are focused on having sex that shallow relationships and quick break ups are all too common. People don’t find long courtships to be necessary, or that they should even woo the person or anything.

Regardless of what you decide, at least remember to let love grow as it does and that love and sex may be two aspects of a relationship, but love is more important if you want it to last.