Sam said 10 years ago:

Post here any venting you’d like to do and I will try to help along with other members :)

Keiralee said 10 years ago:

Hi I’m not really sure how to do this so I’m just gonna jump right in.
My parents have never really had any kind of a relationship as far as I can remember outside of being the adults in my household, though they have been married all my life. When I was about seven, my dad started to have these issues with anger and rage, and whenever I did anything that upset him, which was frequently, as I was a child, he would get violent with me. He was never like that with my siblings, and it all really hurt me. My mother wouldn’t ever stop him, and I got pretty mad at her along the way. But anyway, recently I have developed a really severe anxiety disorder, with really bad depression, which dips into suicidal intent every so often. Everything has become a real struggle. So about a month ago, when my dad got violent again, I sort of snapped. I’m sixteen years old now, I’m so done being pushed around. So I told him that he could either leave the family, or I would go to the police. (I never had before because I was always afraid of the impact any sort of investigation of the family might have on my little brother) And he left, and now he is gone, and things are definitely better, but the guilt is absolutely killing me. I seem to be the only one with any sort of problem with this new arrangement, and it’s destroying me. I guess I’m just looking for people’s advice on dealing with this.

Sam said 10 years ago:

First of all, realize what you did was defiantly not something to feel guilty about. Think of your brother, when he gets older you will thank yourself because he doesn’t have to deal with what you did. Things must be so much easier in the household without all that buildup of stress. If you ever feel suicidal or depressed or anything out of the ordinary feel free to talk to me and anyone else here! I understand your situation as it is similar to my own. Just remember that you have done everything right and I wish I was as strong as you :)

Keiralee said 10 years ago:

Thank you, that really does mean a lot.

Sam said 10 years ago:

Awe c: thanks!

retardedrums said 10 years ago:

I dated a girl back in February. It was blissful, it was happy. After getting cheated on last year and walking the path of recovery, I thought it was time for me to start loving again.

Things were beautiful and romantic at first. On valentines, I asked her if she would be my girlfriend, to which she said she was not ready as she just got out of a relationship a month back.

So we agreed that we will take things slowly and work it out. Status wise, I am not her boyfriend. She told me she already saw me as a boyfriend, but doesn’t want to make it official yet, so I persevered and waited patiently.

Whenever she went out for supper with her friend(s), I felt no jealousy or worry, for I understood that she has to have her own life. But then, while keeping a low profile within our clique of friends, one of the girls suspected that something was going on between her and me and questioned, teasingly. To which I admitted that we were not together, but we were seeing each other.

It was then that this girl told me of the messages she sent to this other guy in the clique (it was discomforting because it was flirty) and even the lullaby which I sang specially for her, she sang it to that guy.

It was at that point, that I started to become insecure and paranoid over things when she played games with a certain individual for long, and I had friends coming to tell me that she was setting sparks to almost every guy that teased her in an online game.

With my insecurities and paranoia, things started to go downhill to the point that she stopped trying and told me to just give up.

Fast forward, I did a lot of things for her, like driving her to work during her internship, surprising her with snacks and ice cream when I know she was bored. I was playing the role of a nice guy, hoping that my actions would somehow touch her heart. None of it worked.

The one thing, which I held dearly for hope, was that she bought me an acoustic guitar for valentines, because I wanted to learn the guitar and when I finally do, I can teach her.

That was the one thing that made me held on to hope, and all the happy memories we had before shit hit the fan.

I am confused. Hold on? Or move on. I still hope that she will come back in the near future, that I maintain as friends and gain her trust back slowly. But what if in the event that it does not work? That during the process, she went with another guy?

What if it will workout but I give up now?
What should I do?