Kaelyn said 10 years, 8 months ago:

This summer after my first year of college there has been a lot of pressure on me to make grown up decisions about what I want to do with my future.

My dad has been grilling me on earning my license before I go back to school in September. He goes on and on if I make any little mistake during my driving lessons with my instructor or him.

And he keeps talking about the career path he wants ME to take.

One of the worst things that’s happened this summer has got to be having my room taken away. Since I live on campus at school my step dad has taken my room & made it his own. I feel really bitter about this along with the fact that I have NO privacy sharing a room with my mom.

I’m sick of all this pressure put upon me so suddenly and I feel like just curling up into a ball and not moving until it’s 2030.

I am 100% ready to move back into college.

/rant over/

mgasammie said 10 years, 8 months ago:

My mom and dad gave my room to my grandparents and moved my stuff into the attic! When I visited I ended up sleeping on the floor in the box room under the table :/

Parents often have some very strange ideas about what they want their kids to do – just do as you want, don’t try to live up to their expectations. My parents wanted me to do so much stuff that I just disagree with – getting married and having kids etc.

Kaelyn said 10 years, 8 months ago:

thanks, it’s nice to know i am not alone :)