tdys said 9 years, 6 months ago:

I started this account two days ago because of intense depression and i have found out that if I’m not a girl not only will people not listen to me but i cant even help people cause the first question everyone asks is “are you a girl” and when i say no they disconnect. I feel like this place has made everything worse. Is this just a string of bad luck or is this what the website is truly about?

Brenden Summers said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Some people just feel more comfortable talking to girls about their problem. Just disregard them and move on to the next listener/venter. There are plenty who help regardless of gender.

Deleted User said 9 years, 6 months ago:

@tdys I think that, like you say, this is just a string of bad luck. Even though I am female, when I have used the vent/listen chat I hadn’t disclosed my gender or name, I was able to find on the occasions that I used it that I wasn’t asked for it and could find someone willing to listen. You could just be getting people new to the website testing out the chat or just some people who like to use it as a joke. But try not to lose faith in it, and keep trying because there are some genuinely nice people out there willing to listen. Another thing you could try doing is posting on the Q-n-A or in a forum like this one or as an update, and there are usually people around who reply and would be willing to help you out. I’m sorry that this has been happening to you.

Deleted User said 9 years, 6 months ago:

I think it depends on who you connect with. Some people prefer to speak with someone of the same or opposite gender. Personally, I prefer venting to people of the opposite gender.

Menon said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Well. Am not female. You can talk to me if you want.

My problem is I have noone to talk to … so … yea …

Talk to me anytime.

Cuputus said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Bummer. I would assume more people feel comfortable talking to their own gender or to girls (stereotype of girls being more sensitive). Feel free to talk to me anytime! :)