Venus said 9 years, 9 months ago:

My parents have been mentally, psychologically, verbally and physically abusive to me.
On several recent occasions, I had the opportunity to talk to two police officers, and two people from social services. They all talked to my parents first. My parents said I’m just fucking mental. I have physical proof of the shit they’ve done to me, on a video camera that my dad has in his room.
I talked to all these people, and after they heard my parents they didn’t give a shit about me. They all said I should go to counseling, that my parents are my parents.
My sisters don’t even fucking believe me. My parents have done stuff to them too, not as bad as what they did to me, but they don’t believe me. I just ‘overreacted’. Right.
And now I’m here. Nobody to fucking talk to, nobody who gives a damn about whether I’m here or not and I’m filled with all these terrible feelings and I can’t do a fucking thing about any of it. I can’t go anywhere. I just stay at home. See my friends once a week for an hour and a half, come home, wait all week to see them again.
All while waiting for my dad to snap, for my mom to get depressed and then get angry with me. It’s all my fault, right? My fault that she has depression. My fault that my dad has bipolar disorder. But God forbid they take any blame for all the issues I have to live with now.
I can’t move out for another year. I don’t have a job, I’ve been applying to as many places as I can. Even once I get a job, my parents are going to take half of every paycheck to ‘pay for my braces’.
Can any of you relate to this? How am I supposed to handle any of this?

Deleted User said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Run away, or get away. Be as aware of yourself as you are of others.
I believe you!
Up to you to set your own path!

DarthBunny said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I don’t want to say that you have to stick it out, but you do. Gather as much proof as you can, though, and try to turn them in if they become physically violent with you. Don’t feel as if you don’t have anywhere to turn to, you have here! We’re all here for you and care wholeheartedly about your well-being. Do you possibly have friends you can stay with? If you’re of legal age you can go live with someone else and your parents can’t do anything to you. A friend of mine went through the same things, with her mother, and she left home when she was 17 (it’s legal in the state I live in that you can live by yourself at this age) so she got away. Growing up in an abusive household is the worst thing imaginable, because that’s supposed to be your safe place. Things however do get better, and once you are out of the house you can then decide whether or not you want to continue a relationship with your parents and siblings or if you just want to start a new life. Don’t take their hurtful actions and words against you as nothing more than things that will make you stronger. One day things will come to light and everything will be revealed as to what they have been doing to you. Stay strong and just feel comfort in knowing that we are all here for you.