Matt said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I am just feeling so so low and down … my GF left me the oter day and … like i guess straigh after i was weirdly ok … but its really hit me today i just don’t want to do anything, i hate he, i hate myself, i hate the world … i just want it to all go back to how it was befoe when i was happy ..sd when i was with her but now ……… i just don’t feel like i can be happy right now … and i can’t take it … i … self harm … and i am really scared of myself right now ….. just feel so alone :(

DarthBunny said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Please don’t hate anything, Matt. All of this hurts now and you feel alone, but you’re not. A lot of people love and care about you, don’t let this girl bring you this down. I know it feels like there’s a hole in your heart and you can’t find a way to enjoy things. That’s okay, it’s okay to be hurt, sad, and angry. But don’t forget that life can be very beautiful as well and if she hurt you this way, there will be someone else in life who will never do that and will make sure that you’re always happy. As for now, go find something you enjoy. If you like art, take up some art classes – maybe meet new friends and people whom you can surround yourself with and keep busy with. You never know who you’ll meet and what wonderful people in life you will encounter. It hurts now and it’s very hard, I understand, but you got to get up and get out there not only for yourself – but for everyone who loves you as well. And remember you are not alone!! You can always come here and vent your feelings and frustrations, there are tons of people here whom will listen to you and try their best to help you. Things will get better, maybe not now or in a couple weeks but they will. I promise! :)

OpenTalk said 9 years, 8 months ago:

When relationships come to a close there are usually aftershocks to follow. It’s not uncommon for people to go through the stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance) before they really come to terms with how things ended.

The only solace I can offer you, since I don’t really know your situation, is that this happened for a reason. It isn’t solely your fault, nor is it solely hers. I know that right now things likely won’t make sense, but that’s a temporary feeling.

There will be other people for you to love; the possibility of romance won’t end for you here and now. However, you need to understand that no strong relationship can last if one person has personal issues that they haven’t dealt with. It weighs down on the relationships, and adds unfair pressure to your partner.

You need to speak to someone, preferably a professional, about why you self harm. Not just for your own physical and mental health, but also because it is a good step towards your own personal happiness. It may even bring you closer to finding someone amazing and growing a strong relationship with them.

I’ll leave you with an important quote:

“Don’t put your happiness in other people’s hands. They’ll drop it. They’ll drop it every time.”

- C. Barzak