JonasBG said 10 years, 11 months ago:

Hi, guys!

I see there are quite a few people in this group, and I just wanted to ask what kinds of educations You are taking? What year, level, subjects, whatever?

I am currently working on a univerity level double masters degree in environmental engineering and high energy electrical engineering. So I have loads of courses on things like electrical machinery, environmental impacts of energy use and chemical spills, maths and physics and power generation. I really love these studies, but they will take me a total of eight years. And after that I’ll probably do at least one PhD.

I am Norwegian, so the system I am used to is possibly VERY different from any of Yours.

Ghini

Deleted User said 10 years, 11 months ago:

Hello! I’m not in education any more but it’s still in the back of my mind, so I might go back into it further down the line (who knows!)

I graduated last year with a Bachelor of Arts in Web & Multimedia Design (2:1) in the UK, which I’m very glad to have completed! It took me four years, including a year of work for the third year, so I’m very glad to have finished.

Super kudos to you though, I’m not sure I could manage 8 years straight… let alone a PhD! Hope it’s all going well for you :)

Swifting said 10 years, 11 months ago:

I’m going back to school for my GED (Graduate equivalency diploma/degree) and an Accelerated Associates Degree. The goal is to go for either an MBA or a Bachelors in Marketing and/or Business. School hadn’t ever been an option for me until now. So, I’m going to go right ahead and try.

I’m doing this in the United States of America if it matters.

For my first semester of college I was an Environmental Science major. Such a great field but too much math for me. So I studied Studio Art with a minor in secondary education for five years. I didn’t complete my degree. But I married an Environmental Engineer and have two sweet children. I might go back once they are both school age.

Ruhoodenough said 10 years, 11 months ago:

I’m in the Los Angeles Charter system rather than LAUSD. Normal students go to school 5 days a week/ 35 hours in all. While i go 2 hours a week. Big difference, yeah? I do all the work at home and go to the actual center twice a week for and hour to take the test. Then when i am finished, i leave. Its based on credits. Each packet is a credit. So a class is 10 packets= 10 credits. The faster i turn in the packets, the faster i move on. I’m currently a ninth grader, soon moving on to 10th grade. I can graduate earlier than LAUSD students at my pace. So yeah c: The school is called Opportunities for learning.

JonasBG said 10 years, 11 months ago:

@Mysterium Thanks! I really love to learn. It sounds nerdy, byt that’s who I am :-) I do not know much about how well education pays of in UK, but to me it would make sense to keep going no matter what, but then again, higher education in Norway is pretty much for free, so I guess that is an issue that others will have to consider much more carefully.

@Swifting I wish you the best in your struggles! :-) I just saw a TED-talk that said grit is the one factor that separates succeding people from failing people. This means that if you want it bad enough and work hard enough, you will get there! Also, my younger brother is working on a degree in economics/management, while it is not exactly the same as what you are looking into, he seems very pleased with his choice.

@sugargirl As I said to Mysterium, I think it is always a good thing to get back in there! But, yes, the maths in scientific fields can be a bit daunting. But personally I like it, plus it is cool to think that when aliens get here, we can only use math to communicate with them, so by talking math, you talk alien :-P Environmental studies are very interesting, and also very broad, so after you get over the first hurdle, I’d say it should be possible to go in a less mathy direction, and focus on things closer to chemistry, management, education, you name it.

@Ruhoodenough It sounds like a very interesting way to do it! I went to school in the more classical sense, but I really wish there had been a way for me to advance faster than what the system was designed for. In Norway it is impossible to skip a grade or anything, so for the people either strugling with school or the people finding it way too easy it can quickly become hard to find motivation to pull through. That is up until 10th grade, after that we go to high school, and things start to change a bit.

I started out as an English major and was trying to transfer out of my local Junior College. Then one day I realized that I was miserable and that my true passion was in nursing, so I signed up at a trade school and did an accelerated Licensed Vocational Nursing program for about a year. I’m now an LVN and I’m currently going to a University that offers a LVN to Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing degree program that will let me sit for the Registered Nursing boards. I’ve got about a year and a half to go. I may decide to go further with my education. I’ve always toyed with the idea of becoming a Nurse Practitioner, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Sometimes I get really down about the fact that my classmates from high school have already graduated from University with their degrees, but I try to remind myself that not everyone knows what they want out of life when they’re 18. My best friend graduated with a degree but really doesn’t want to use it, so she’s starting back from square one. I hate school at times, but I really do love learning.

TurtleGirl20 said 10 years, 11 months ago:

I will be getting my Associates of Arts next spring (2014). Then I will be going to a school online to get my bachelors, I am going to be a sign language interpreter! Lucky for me I can do all my bachelor classes online with a webcam! I live in the USA! Hopefully I will be all finished in three more years : )

Diana said 10 years, 11 months ago:

I’m finishing up my Master’s degree (I really only have my dissertation exam left to complete) in experiential-unifying psychotherapy. I’m also taking continuing education courses (professional training) in transactional analysis psychotherapy. As a psychologist, my education ends when my professional life ends, so I’m hoping I’ve got at least 40-50 years of education ahead of me :) Then again, I joined this group more as a teacher – I currently teach English as a foreign language.

punky said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I’m two years into a BA psych major. I’m looking at anywhere from 8-14 more years of school from where I am now to my PhD. Assuming everything goes together without a hitch that is. Like Diana says though, with psychology you never really stop learning. I’ll probably do a bunch of learning on my own for as long as possible and I wouldn’t mind taking the occasional class well into my retirement.
At this point I’m looking almost exclusively at neuroscience, although I’ve been trying to take a variety of courses in my lower levels-mostly in the social sciences though.

Deleted User said 4 years, 7 months ago:

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Zong Internet packages

Deleted User said 4 years, 4 months ago:

For all of you who are looking for the best writing service, you guys should once check out the website of database homework. I bet you won’t get disappointed.

Finding good expert writing expert in the market is tough. This is the reason why I reached out to http://payformathhomework.com and their services did help me out a lot.

You’ve perhaps conceptualize the product copywriter Malaysia, worked with the developers and finally given it ‘birth’. The hardest step is now to give your ‘baby’ over to another for special care.

Deleted User said 4 years, 3 months ago:

I am truly grateful to managerial accounting homework help for providing me with top-class quality work and that too on time. If you are looking for writer services, I would recommend you choose them.