someone.no.one.knew said 9 years, 5 months ago:

There have been some shitty happenings in my life. Many people could look at my life and think its great, on the outside… sure it is. And no im not that bitchy rich whitegirl who cant go without her phone. My issues are all mental. I worry about having a shitty future. If i dont do well now i wont do well later. I get to emotional, this that bother me last a day. I am a broken person. I am a christain and i have been praying about all of this for almost four years now. Im sick of not having real results. I have went throught slef harm, thughts abd close attempts at suicide. I know have told my mother about soe things and i see a shrink, it helps a little just to talk things over and stuff but the “coping ” stradegies she has dont work. I have an adult freind who talks with me and thats greatly appreciated vut i just want to change. I hate the way i feel all the time, i dont wanna go down the self distructive path agin but somtimes i get to close for comfort to the temtation of cutting. I just hope i can heal in some way. If anyone has anytips what so ever it would be greatly thanked. Thankyou.

Jess said 9 years, 5 months ago:

You are on the right path! The path is just hard. Recovering from mental illness isn’t easy, it’s a rollercoaster. You just have to keep pushing and remember that a down day, a down week, month- it’s not the end. It’s just a bump, a totally expected, normal bump. And you can pick yourself up from there. You have friends, you have a therapist- that’s brilliant. Be honest with your therapist, tell them that you need some new techniques because the current ones aren’t working. If you aren’t on medication, maybe you can ask about trying some. You are healing, it’s just slow and you have to work at it. You’ve done so much already, don’t give up. xx