Jess said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Do you regret any of your tattoos/ piercings/ stretching/ scarification/etc. I know most of us will only have piercings and tattoos but it’s good to be inclusive *thumbs up*.

Maybe a piercing left a really bad scar, or maybe it was really too hard look after, maybe you changed your mind on a picture, or got tattooed by a bad artist, or on a bad position on your body?

Anyone?

punky said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I actually have no regrets. I do tend to think things through for quite awhile before hand though. I wanted my tattoo for more than a year before I got it done. However, my eyebrow was a borderline impulse buy. I decided I wanted it about a week or two before I did it. Funny thing? It’s my favorite piercing.
So no regrets from me. Life is too short you know?

Jess said 10 years, 2 months ago:

@punkygirlontherock

I was the same with my septum! Just decided I wanted it and got it a couple weeks later which is, like you, a short time for me. It was the most painful piercing for me since I had minor complications during the actual piercing, but I don’t regret it at all and I think it was worth the extra pain.

RyanFromRiannon said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I have four piercings but I really really really want twenty total and I really hope I dont regret them later, either, because when I put the dots there just thinking around, the results looked pretty cool, but I just hope I dont regret them later, you know?

Niko said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I do. I have a tattoo that encircles my neck. But I have an appointment for removal the 24th of this month. So, it’ll soon be gone.

That’s not to say I won’t get more ink, just not around my neck. Haha

Abigail Elizaebth said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I don’t regret anything I’m 19 and have five tattoos and seven piercings. I’m happier as a person with my body modifications than I was without and I’m no where near stopping. Body modifications make a statement that needs to be heard by the general public and I’m so proud to be part of that statement!!

[.jessica|acissej.] said 10 years ago:

I’ve never regretted any of my piercings. I have a couple tattoos that I could probably do without but they don’t bother me. You tend to make on-the-fly decisions when you’re at home bored and your boyfriend is a tattoo artist lol. I have a skull with wings on my ankle that I don’t particularly care for and a heart with vines and daggers in the middle of my chest that I wish I put more thought in to. However it’s nothing that some cover up work can’t fix. Live and learn!

Deleted User said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I have the ugliest tattoo on my ribcage. It says ‘ignorance has taken over, we’ve got to take the power back’ and it looks so trashy and tacky. Really need to get it removed. Didn’t think it through at all.

Andy G. said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I got a tattoo about a month back, it was a memorial for my brother who passed away. It’s just his name on my forearm, nothing too extravagant, and the stencil he made for it was perfect and i was ready to get tattooed. When it was all finished though, it turns out he messed up the “m” in the name, the first bump (its in cursive) to it has a crooked line and is very sharp at the top, while the other two bumps are fine. Its plain as day out on my forearm and it’s quite embarrassing to have to tote it around all day in plain site!

dinodna said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Me and my twin sister both have a tattoo on our wrist that says ‘twin’ but the artist fucked it up.. FOR THE BOTH OF US and now it looks like it says ‘fuck’ or ‘tuin’ or ‘tuck’ depending on how you see it. haha..

We both don’t regret it because it’s a funny story we can tell our friends. Also, our other tattoos look great and that small tattoo is nothing compared to them. :)

Carlito said 9 years, 10 months ago:

It’s been a year since I got my left arm completely tattooed, 6 years as a successful salesman didn’t prepare me to deal with the reaction and disgust from both clients and fellow coworkers, having a tattoo somehow changed me into someone else for them.

Had to quit my job after two months… But I never been happier!!! I opened my own business and is going great.

Having a tattoo is never an easy decision but I definitely don’t regret it.

Tinay <3 said 9 years, 8 months ago:

No regrets so far. I was wondering what it will be look like 40 years from now. Lol.

Deleted User said 9 years, 6 months ago:

My only regret is letting one heal closed :/

Deleted User said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I regret expanding my lobe piercings. I first stretched my left lobe to 8mm, then decided to take that out and let it shrink somewhat, which looked horrible. A few years later, I stretched both ears to 6mm and was happy with that but it got boring. So last year, I decided to stretch both ears to 10mm, I did it in a stupid manner though and ended up with throbbing, torn lobes which took about a month to recover. After all that ordeal, I then gave up on them despite only having them at 10mm for about five months. I currently don’t expand my lobes and now they look really ugly. I wish I’d never done it, or I could cut off the ugly holes, but I’m stuck with this forever now.
Aside from that, I’ve had 24 piercings done from the age of 12-18 and I’ve loved mostly all of them. I just take them out because I get bored too easily and change my mind too often if they look good or not. Right now I have 0 piercings and I’m not thinking about getting any.

Academic77 said 9 years, 2 months ago:

I don’t regret any of my piercings, even though most have been retired now. I love stretched ears, but wouldn’t get them as I may come to regret them as I get older.