Gianna said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I know a lot of people are trying to recover (from many different things), but keep relapsing. I, personally, am recovering from self harm. Well… I’m trying to. If anyone has recovery tips (about anything), is struggling with recovery and wants help, or have any questions on recovery, ask them here!

Valeska said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Congratulations on your efforts at recovery! Being aware of it goes a long way, and I do wish you all the best with that. :)

I would be interested in finding out what techniques you’re using? Would surely help us as listeners when Venter’s come with such concerns

Gianna said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Valeska, first off; thank you! And second, I don’t do much, but when i feel the urge to cut I grab something soft (like a pillow) and hold it really tightly while I listen to music, watch Netflix, read, or talk to my friends. That last part is always the most helpful. I always tell people who are struggling with an addiction to talk to people who love them because even if they don’t take the urge away (and they usually don’t) they tend to distract you for long enough and then you’ll start venting and before you know it the urge isn’t so demanding. Hope I helped(: