Archonicus said 11 years, 2 months ago:

I’ve always wanted to live in space…but I’ve never been the fittest fellow in the world (definitely not in training condition yet) but I just think that doing something worthwhile – and getting off this planet – would be the best thing to do in life. Not to the ISS, but to another planet. As in, I’ve wanted to live on Mars and would be willing to give up A LOT to go…sadly, I’m still in HS for another year or so, so I’m afraid that I’ll have to ground myself in something more “useful” until then… Everyone tells me my dream is stupid, inane even , but I still look up to towards the horizon and think “I’m almost home.”

~Mr. Engima

Swifting said 11 years, 2 months ago:

Very interesting. I hope that someday you get to visit someplace so far away and your dream comes true.

Archonicus said 11 years, 2 months ago:

I appreciate it Swift. :D

~Mr. Enigma

Deleted User said 11 years, 2 months ago:

Of course people are going to say your dream is stupid – but that’s a reflection of themselves, not on you! I also think society has a part to play in that as we’re pretty much brought up on the notion that we get an education, get a job, find someone, settle down, have a kid or two, get a house, yadda yadda yadda. Which is fine, don’t get me wrong, but what’s wrong with dreaming a little bit beyond that?

I suppose in the meantime you just do what you’re doing and look into it as much as you can, the more you know the more you can shake off the words of others who probably don’t know the first thing about space let alone dream about heading out there.