Dizo said 10 years, 5 months ago:

How do you know when someone is trolling?

Serene said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I usually just get the feeling that they move on from their problem too fast and go on to other things.
But even then I keep listening, hoping that maybe they will talk about what’s really bothering them…

Nayrumage said 9 years, 11 months ago:

when someone gets aggressive about staying on a pointless topics( like one person asked me if canada or england was better and berated me when I picked one), when someone asks you to go to another site can be a warning sign(I had a guy try to get me to go to a secret cam site to see if his penis was too small), asking for extremely personal information without any real reason, and disconnecting if you ask questions on any of the above.

Varys said 9 years, 10 months ago:

When someone says that he/she’s turned on. I came into a guy venting some problems with an ex girlfriend and immediately he started with “you’ve turned me on”, keeping on with “yeah, I know you’re turned on too”.
Or…when people act really dumb like “yo swaggity swag” (it happened. really) and it’s immediately clear that they’re trolling.

Levi-UR said 9 years, 10 months ago:

from what I’ve seen the most common give away is that trolls tend to be less empathetic. As a result of this they rarely describe details of what they feel or in the rare cases that they do it will sound like a textbook definition or an over-dramatic stage actor’s portrayal of their issue. If they ask about you and proceed to insult you they are probably a troll. If they have a fixation with only one person or aspect of a problem, probably a troll. when i say fixation i mean refusal to even acknowledge subjects that would be relevant to a person actually suffering from whatever they claim. but these are all tendencies, unfortunately because of the nature of people and the website there are some venters who are genuine but appear to be trolls. Personally even when i am over 90% certain i am being trolled I stay online because there is always the possibility that somebody is reaching out for help. Although I have noticed more often then not trolls disconnect before the 5 minute mark. Most of them don’t really want to put in that much effort