Natalie Marie said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Being pansexual means that i am basically gender blind. i believe that love is love no matter what gender, race, age, or religion you are. i love everyone for themselves not by how they look.
loving for love’s sake.
any one else out there?

Miss.TalksAlot said 10 years, 10 months ago:

That’s just great! (:
Well I’m not sure if I’m like that, but I would accept anyone that has a nice personality girl/boy/trans so ~

Natalie Marie said 10 years, 10 months ago:

you could be polysexual

Miss.TalksAlot said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Which is?

southernight said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Pansexual: a person not limited or inhibited in sexual choice with regard to gender or activity.

Polysexual: a sexual identity “used by people who recognize that the term bisexual reifies the gender dichotomy that underlies the distinction between heterosexuality and homosexuality, implying that bisexuality is nothing more than a hybrid combination of these gender and sexual dichotomies”.

Drakko said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I feel the same :)

I identify bisexual but when it comes down to if I really liked someone who was transgender or anything I wouldn’t let my orientation get in the way!

I didn’t know what pans was at first and when I found out i was like “am I pans..? I always thought I was bi..?” but in the end these words are only lables that society wants to slap on us like they do with soup lables so they know what’s inside.

But in the end.. As humans we can’t totally fit into specific catagories, we’re not like cans of food we are emotional beings who are always growing and changing!

I still love to see posts like this of people being prideful of how they feel and who they are :)

much love<3

Stefan said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Nice to know some like minded people on here! I usually identify as bisexual, but I think I fit the definition for pansexual pretty perfectly.

If I don’t call myself “pansexual,” I guess its mostly because that label is so alien to most people. It seems like it can only be taken seriously in (narrow segments of) the LGBTQ+ population. Just describing my orientation rather than putting a label on it seems to work better a lot of the time. It’s hard escaping using labels entirely though.

@Stefan
yeah its kinda comfusing but I was told that it doesn’t really matter what you call yourself, if you have been calling yourself bi, you don’t have to change it, it just means you have acceptions. like as an example someone who is straight may date a MtF or a transwoman and that isn’t gay, they are still straight. same thing the other way around, lol if you get the idea

Stefan said 10 years, 8 months ago:

@Drakko
Yeah I do agree with you that people get to choose what their orientation means for themselves. I do worry that the “BI” in bisexual sounds like it excludes people who don’t consider themselves to be “one or the other” when it comes to gender, e.g. genderqueer people. People who don’t fit the gender binary perfectly neatly are often the most interesting anyways!

@Stefan

Yes I agree that those who don’t exactly fit are interesting and are no less than anyone else. I’m transgender ftm and consider myself bi, but I don’t consider myself both female&male I consider myself ENTIRELY male.

if I met someone with both genders or transgender they still somewhat fall into bisexual, because bi means men&woman, so a trans would comply as being female or male depending on how they identify, someone with both would also comply hence falling into both categories of male&female, and someone who considered themselves neutral I would be willing to overlook a silly word like “bi” for.

I’d also hope that someone who is bisexual would accept me as a potential mate, considering I AM male, and that being physically female also falls into the category of both female&male, and that one day I plan to be physically male.

I don’t think bi exactly means “one or the other” I think it can accept a variety, and also hold exceptions for those who are neutral.