SweetPea said 10 years, 8 months ago:

My name is Jesse I’m 18 FtM. I hope everyone here is supportive. I don’t know what to do. Many people have known me as a lesbian or thought I was, I’m not out to anyone. I’m scared to come out to my friends and family because of their reaction.. Not too many people like me I’ve always been bullied for dressing like a guy and being into girls etc. I’ve been brutally beaten and threatened just for trying to be who I am and it sucks because I just want to be loved and accepted for who I am. I’ve also attempted suicide in the past due to all the pressure and for some reason I’m still here. I feel like I have to one there for me, no one who understands, no one to let me know that it’ll be okay. I don’t understand why bad things happen to good people, I love and accept everyone for who they are because I know that nobody is perfect we all have a story I just wish someone would see and understand mine. Help?

Nina said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Hey Jesse I’m Nina. I think you should come out to your parents… When you’re ready. If you don’t you’re going to continue living this life that you haven’t even started living because you haven’t been true to yourself and been the person who you really are. There’s nothing wrong with being gay.. Being gay is something you should be proud of. The gay world is so exciting and adventurous. Coming out will give you the opportunity to find out who you’re real friends are and which people actually care about you. If you’re friends can’t accept you being gay they were never you’re true friends. The more you wait coming out the more you’re going to feel confused and scared..You should come out when you’re ready.. You’ll know when you should come out.. You’ll know in your heart that it’s the right time for you. I’m here for you, I understand you, and everything’s going to be okay. LOVE BEING GAY..

Stefan said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Hi and welcome Jesse! First off, to clarify: I’m guessing you identify as a straight trans man, not as gay, right?
Either way, I’m so sorry to hear about the way some people have acted towards you. No one deserves that, and you sound like a caring, open-minded guy who really hasn’t done anything to harm anyone else. I want you to know that there ARE people out there who will accept you regardless of gender, sexuality, etc. If you’re thinking about college that can be a really great place to find them! As you become older and more independent it becomes easier to put yourself in an environment where you don’t have to deal with intolerant people like the ones you see every day in high school.

SweetPea said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Thank you Nina and Stefan. I greatly appreciate the care and support and also your words of wisdom. Yes I do identify as a straight trans man. Both of you have made me feel much better, it feels good knowing that I’m not alone in the world and that there are still actually good people in the world who do care.

Nina said 10 years, 8 months ago:

You’re welcome