Jesse said 11 years ago:

Okay ladies, I got a question for y’all. I would like your opinions. I was called into my supervisors office today for a meeting with just her and I. I have been having some problems lately and my co-workers are worried about me and all that. So I figured we would be talking about some personal things as well as work. Anyways, my supervisor tells me that she has seen my fiance and I making out in the parking lot during my lunch break. I work on a college campus, my job is working with GED/ESL students three days a week. Now for my fiance and I to be making out in the parking lot of the campus during MY LUNCH shouldn’t be a big deal right, its a public area and I’m on break. Why is that such a big deal? Also my supervisor says that it is inappropriate for my fiance to come and visit me at work. He does not do this on a regular basis he does it on occasion as a surprise to me. I felt bad at first during the meeting but after talking to my fiance about the situation I feel a little pissed to be honest with you. I mean so my fiance and I are making out in the parking lot so what, ITS A PUBLIC AREA. IF YOU DON’T WANNA SEE IT THEN DON’T LOOK, RIGHT?! Can someone help me out here. Am I in any way shape or form right?

Ruhoodenough said 11 years ago:

Don’t risk your job, so just go some where else. So you and your co-workers can be happy.

Deleted User said 11 years ago:

I agree with @ruhoodenough. Not saying that I agree/disagree with your boss, but even if your supervisor is wrong, don’t risk your job…

Did you ask her what the problem was that she had with it? I don’t know what GED/ESL students are but if you are working amongst young adults then perhaps it’s more a case that she doesn’t think it sets a good example or something like that.

I agree with you – what you do in your own personal time, in a public place, should not even be an issue but as it is perhaps you could come to a compromise? She can’t stop your fiancé from visiting really if you’re away from the workplace (I mean, if you were sat at your desk making out with him during lunch then I could see that being an issue! Haha) but maybe you could go somewhere else that’s not in the view of your workplace or something?

I know this is in girl talk…but if its in the parking lot, its not really public, then if youre at work its worse, obviously someone didnt like it and complained. Besides, why do it at the parking lot at work? I understand goodbye and hello pecks on the lips….but making out?…your employers expect you to be a little more professional, even on your breaks, so, better to not risk getting fired, there is plenty of time during out of work to make out.

Angel said 11 years ago:

In my opinion, just to keep your job safe, its better if you “make out” somewhere else like your house. Im not saying that its wrong but since your attention was already called, you might put your job at risk. You can explain this to your fiance and I can feel that he loves you so much, I know he would understand.

Jesse said 11 years ago:

@Angel to let you know my fiance and I do not live near by the college campus where I work so hence we are making out in the parking lot before we leave to go to our spot.

@Littledeath to help you understand a little bit better GED students are students of any age that did not finish high school and are now taking five tests (math, social studies, reading, writing, science) to receive a GED diploma which essentially is the same as receiving a high school diploma. ESL students are again students of any age that are coming to take classes and learn English. ESL (English as a second language) most of the time these students are Spanish speakers who want to learn English. So really I deal with students of all ages most are in their early 20′s or older. There are some that are of high school age but more students are older.

I mentioned this to my fiance, he understands to a certain degree what my supervisor is saying and he by no means wants to get me fired or in trouble so from now on we will be meeting up for lunch off campus so as not to risk being caught making out again. At the same time he is a little frustrated with the situation because all we are trying to do is show our affections, we love each other. That is what people in love do you know.

Deleted User said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Dont risk ur job but like so if u work on campus students make out everywhere like WTF? but be careful in case she might fire you or something!