Hannah said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I have been in love with an online friend for years. I’ve had irl boyfriends but none of them make me forget my feelings for him. He’s across the ocean, there’s nothing we can do but wait and see how things play out. But I would absolutely love to be with him in person.

Pessimistic Blabbermouth said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Yep! And we’ve been together for 4 years and have lived together for 2 of those. :)

butterbly said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Yep! Things didn’t work out though, and we lost contact. The person that I currently like online already has a significant other so…

callmehollis said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Yes. I’ve been in 2 online relationships. The first one was when I was 13. Although things didn’t work out, I still have him as a best friend and i adore him. Long distance is hard, but knowing the possibility of things working makes everything better. He’s across the ocean, but I still talk to him as much as I can and couldn’t imagine my life without him.

Jorel said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Yes, I have fallen in love for someone online. :3
He wrote me a message on a anime-fan-forum and we wrote a lot…later we wrote over skype… he lives 700 km away from me, but after a few months I had the possibility to travel trough entri germany so I drove to him for a few days… and I loved him even more… we are together since then, in september and august he was by me at home for 2×11 days. :3 I am very happy about his long releationsship, which found his beginning online ♥

Deleted User said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Yes, I’ve fallen for someone online. I’m actually still falling for him more and more everyday.

We met on a boxing group on Facebook years back, and we were just friends. I always thought he was a good-looking guy, but I didn’t want to pursue anything because he’s a year younger than I am and we lived in separate cities (though only 6hrs away from each other). We started off as friends and we were actually friends for two years before actually taking it to the next step. I don’t know how it happened, but it happened. We just ended up falling for each other. Now we’re married, and we have a beautiful daughter together. We still live apart from each other because I’m going to school, and my parents take care of our little girl while I’m at school. It’s a temporary living situation, but we all have to make sacrifices in order to succeed in life :) We still Skype and talk every single day. Sometimes we’re on Skype the whole entire day. He does his own thing while I do mine. Plus he gets to speak with his daughter. It’s hard, but I know that this situation isn’t going to last forever :)

Shady said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Almost a year now with my gf. I’m a girl btw. She live in Scandinavia while me in Asia. Met her on twitter a year ago from some fandom. I didn’t expect to found love there actually, so did her. But well, we did. She was my first best friend who could made me open up. I was and probably still am a very closed person. Introvert and such. It’s not easy for me to tell my problems and such to people, but somehow this girl was managed to opened me up…and it was a surprised for me how much I felt so easy & comfortable to talked about it with her. So that was why I love her so much. She means a lot to me and we talked a lot on Skype for about 4 months before I said I love her. She needed around 1 month to said that she love me back, but it was really worth waiting^^ In the end, she was the one who asked me if I wanna be her gf on my b’day ><

Soph said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Yes, he got such a hold on me then left my life so quickly I still think about him. He said he lived in Canada, and I live in the UK.

It’s been about a year now since I last spoke to him but he’s always on my mind. Now I think about it though, he was really controlling and tried to make me do things I didn’t wanna do. I go through stages of being glad he’s out of my life to desperately wanting him back, idk.

Online relationships have their benefits as well though, just my story isn’t that positive.

becausemeagan said 10 years, 2 months ago:

dear god yes,
I went on a chat room and I fell for two guys.
one from Australia and one from Cali. I talk to neither of them anymore but that was an awkward time of my life.

Riss said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I once fell for this boy online who had gone to 6th or 7th grade with me and moved to Texas. But after awhile, you miss little things like being able to hold hands or have that first kiss, and it weighs down on the relationship. I was very young and very naive in terms of love. But it was definitely an experience I learned from.

Deleted User said 10 years, 2 months ago:

i have and im still in love with my Cali boy. Im from asia and i met him in an online game forum. we would always kik each other but there were times before when we nearly stopped communicating due to a very complicated set-up that we even said our goodbyes..and how im glad we didnt and im happy he didnt give up on me. so eventually we became officially on. since then, he would adjust his time in sync with mine. sure its hard and the feeling of “missing” doesnt go away even if we could see each other on cam often than enough. but we see distance as just a solid thin line between us and in time, we will be able to break that barrier. we are sure we’ll be together because we know we were made just for each other.

MarjaElisa said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I’m having a crush on this guy who lives in India. To be known, that I live in Finland. Actually he was my first love, I got to know him when I was 15. He really liked me but back then I thought we would never meet so what’s the point. It took years since we started to talk again, and now I really really like him. I just can’t stop thinking that is there ever a chance for us to meet, or be together? Or am I just going to break my heart again?

Lyssa said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Several someones, actually. I’ve been with a couple guys that I’ve met over WoW over the years. The first I met and he came to live with me a month later, but it didn’t work out because he wouldn’t get a job and essentially slept and played video games all day. The second was my best friend (and we’d met a couple times), but that never went very far because his mother wasn’t a fan of me. The third I actually was with a little over 2 years. We got together every 3-ish months, mostly with me flying from Minnesota to Texas. He was very emotionally manipulative, and I eventually broke up with him because I was starting a new chapter in my life by moving out on my own and going back to school and he was really dragging me down. He moved to Minnesota to follow me after I firmly told him we were through, and sent a million texts and called daily. I wound up going through a women’s center to get a restraining order against him because he was saying some really scary things. Last I know, he’s still up here and he’s been harassing female coworkers.

My experiences are pretty negatively colored. I sometimes get crushes on online friends now, but after the things I went through I really just don’t want to go there again (and I’m happy being single!).