Onlymia said 9 years, 6 months ago:

;-; When it comes to societal standards of beauty, what irks you?

Me, feeling pressured to have flawless skin at all times.

Anybody said 9 years, 6 months ago:

How about just all of it? Honestly, I’d be happier if we all walked around in giant bubbles that covered our entire bodies. I hate having to consider what I wear, or how I do my hair, or whether I should learn make-up. I’d rather spend energy on things that matter, but, unfortunately, how people see me /does/ matter, so I don’t know.

But if I had to pick one, I think I agree with you on flawless skin.

Llamageddon said 9 years, 6 months ago:

I’m a weirdo, and I sorta have been withdrawn from society for few years. At some point I realized that I no longer “get” the so-called standards of beauty.

I honestly think that most celebrities are unattractive, and smooth/flawless skin is disturbing. Normal looking people with all their imperfections are by far the prettiest. They’re less intimidating, more friendly looking, and just you know, look the way people should look like.

So really I hate all of them… they don’t make anyone prettier or anything, they just give people complexes :(

Caiti said 9 years, 5 months ago:

The expectation of being a 00 and having huge boobs…Nobody has a body like that!

Andy said 9 years, 5 months ago:

the expectations of having no body hair, straight hair, flawless skin, skinny legs with a thigh gap, cheekbones, no stretch marks, having big boobs, tiny waist.. literally everything.

and also the lack of diversity in the beauty industry. It’s mostly a bunch of skinny white chicks. We need women of all colors, sizes, etc.