jodie kate said 9 years, 4 months ago:

i’ve been dealing with depression and severe anxiety disorder and last summer, i made real progress in recovering. then i went back to school to start my A levels, and stress in general was making it really hard to keep up with school work and so i stressd more and my depression made a comeback. Halfway through the term i attempted suicide.
now i’ve started feeling happy a little more, and my confidence is coming back, and i know when i go back to school i’m gonna start sinking back into stress and depression, and i don’t want to. i don’t know what to do

CookieJar said 9 years, 4 months ago:

I’ve had friends who’ve gone through the exact same thing as you, so I can relate a bit to what you’re saying. Not that I’m an expert or anything but like I found that just having a person or a close group of people to confide in really helps and then your family as well. From what I’ve seen, anxiety is crazy hard to overcome and I think that maybe just even talking to someone about anything deep can be an ordeal for anyone with anxiety. Take your time in choosing people who will really always be there for you and then having that person could alleviate some stress for you?
And work-wise, I go to a crazy academic school and like the things is to never procrastinate and always get enough sleep. Even if you aren’t done a project or paper, save it for the next day and get some sleep. If it’s due the next day, then that’s another story, but as long as you don’t get into that situation, it should be okay. Your school might have a homework club or tutoring of some sort to help people who struggle with keeping tabs on their homework. Guidance counselors could help you have it easier at school and a talk with the principal could have benefits, as my friend and her parent did so and got an easy two weeks to catch up with little to no homework.
Im glad you’re feeling a little more happier and confident. Don’t think that you’re gonna spiral back down to rock bottom. You came back from that already. Take it easy and one step at a time. Remember to smile at the little things and you’ll get to a better place each day.
Hope this helped:)