Crowbeats said 10 years, 3 months ago:

hey ive been trying to get into dnd since 9th grade but haven’t been able to find a group to help me or teach me. any one willing to try it out??

The Introvert said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Same. I’ve heard rumours of the possibility of online games, but I can’t confirm that. I would play if I could get people to do it :)

Crowbeats said 10 years, 3 months ago:

like online games or like people skyping and playing?

Rose said 10 years, 2 months ago:

There are websites where there is a simulated table and maps so you can play table top games with people. http://www.roll20.net is one of them (sorry, I’m not sure how to place links here)
Or you could try playing over skype, if you have a moveable webcam you could place it over the board so that the others can see it and they can roll for themselves and tell the DM their rolls, or show them on the webcam. Something like that. I think once you’ve got a group of people to play with the rest will be (relatively) easy

Nocta said 10 years, 2 months ago:

It’s actually not as difficult as one might think. My DnD group meets every other week usually in person, but there was a day I couldn’t be there because I was out of town. So I just skyped in. I showed them my dice rolls. They had a copy of my character sheet. It’s not so bad. But if you don’t really know the game well, I recommend getting the three core books (Players Handbook, Dungeon Masters Guide, and Monster Manual), and reading through them. Study the stuff you need to know to play. ^_^

Yourtakara said 9 years, 11 months ago:

D&D is great. All it is is one big game of pretend with rules and limits ( although limits can be broken ). Besides the books all you really need is a good story teller. The story is the game and the story teller i what makes the game.

If you want to find a local group try a local comic book store/ game shop/ hobby shop. If they don’t know anything about it they can at least point you in the right direction.

Brook said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I am starting a path finder skype group I am the dm I never dm before so it will be interesting if anyone is interested add me on skype josh.burns1990

Hopefullylesspretentious said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I’m an experienced D&D player and DM, been playing for about a decade. You can direct questions to me if you’d like, and I’m in the process of creating an online campaign that’s built around training DMs. PM me if you’d like.

juter4397 said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I’m in the process of making my first character right now. Even if I never get around to playing the game with my friend, I’ll love character and world building.

GG said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I meet to play D&D once a week with my group. It’s hella a lot fun playing in person. There are books and sites out there that can teacher you about D&D, different classes, races, etc. There are also character creation programs you can use to create your char based on what edition you are using.