Deleted User said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Hello . I’m interested into helping people and my dream is to make this world a better place to live in .
So making people stronger and alive is a basic need for that . So far i’ve been helping them by conclusions i had learned from past experiences from me and my friends but i’m more into it . So is there a website , or a video or a book or any free way online for me to know more about humans and problems and ways to solve it . Anything That’ll help me improve as a helper .
Thanks In Advance ^.^

Riss said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Definitely go into the psych section at Barnes & Noble or any bookstore. I could get lost in that section since it has SO many interesting reads. Right now I’m reading The Lucifer Effect by Dr. Philip Zimbardo, who conducted the Stanford Prison Experiment. It’s very interesting and discusses why good people do evil deeds, etc. There were also books on the effects of fairytales on moral development in childhood as well as books on psychopathology, relationships, etc. Everything on why people behave the way they do from every aspect of psychology.

What she said. Learning from your experiences is one thing, but learning from others is essential and will save you lifetimes!!!

Thanks guys ^.^ ( And sorry about the late reply , i wasn’t at home for a while )

Hearmenow said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Research mostly, google is also a nice tool for finding things, perhaps you could take a psych class. Also, books, lot’s of books. The field of psychology is wide, explore it a little. Everything from diagnoses to freud to reading people really.

That’s what psychology is about, seeing what is there, usually when the person don’t realize it themselves, or listen when they need someone to vent to.

I’m gonna leave you with a website, with a bunch of articles, I’m sure you’ll find something useful;

http://www.psychologytoday.com/

Thank you very much :D
( And sorry about the late reply :( )

Hearmenow said 9 years, 8 months ago:

You’re welcome love, happy to be of any help.

I forgot to mention, but if you’re interested in clinical psychology I read a great book by a professional where he described some of his patients and their issues, a really interesting read.

The examined Life: How we lose and find ourselves, by Stephen Grosz.

Deleted User said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Well i found many interset things in google. I just type or find what i want to learn about psychology. I buys some book from the book stored or online. I also found that there are some wesites that give me alot of new things of learning pyschology..

Mia said 9 years, 4 months ago:

@Madeleine Thanks for recommending The Examined Life. I just downloaded and read it and really enjoyed it! It’s like Kaylee from Firefly says, “it’s shiny, they’ve all got stories!”