Deleted User said 9 years, 10 months ago:

This World Cup has had everything for me so far – plenty of goals, star players performing, a lot of shocks, and some iconic images… all at the spiritual home of football. For me it has been a lot more exciting than 2010.

I will say the only thing that has been lacking is an ‘untouchable’ team – like the 2002 Brazil team but for me the openness of this World Cup is what is making it stand out! Every team attacking and believing they can win.

What does everyone else think? Is this the best World Cup in memory? If not, which World Cup tops this one?

DJ Not Nice said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Doesn’t beat 2006 just yet, but beats 2010 :P

Yeah 2010 was the worst one I can remember. 2006 was great because there were so many iconic moments and legends making their farewell appearances, Zidane being the most iconic of all.

You guys, no doubt about that! This World Cup is showing the best that soccer can provide, with a few exceptions…

Whole atmosphere of country is facing that is unforgettable for everyone. I can say this for sure because I’m from Brazil and I’m following everything.

But now is going to get even better in second phase.

Good luck to the USA and further to Brazil! :)

PS. World Cups of 2002 and 2006 were awesome!

Jay said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I have to agree with everyone here, it’s easily better than 2010 but so far I don’t see it beating out 2006. I can’t wait to see what the next 15 days will bring, maybe that’ll change!

The memorable things happen in the latter stages so I guess we’ll see soon!