CatWithScissors said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Simple question really, how do you like to get away from everything in the world? I listen to music and play games personally.

Riss said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Music and books have been my go-to escapes ever since I was little!

Humanist Hope said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I don’t really use escapism anymore. I found the things in my life from which I was “escaping” and resolved them.

However, since that isn’t exactly productive to the conversation, I used to play World of Warcraft and hole up in my bedroom with my music for days on end, or when I would get to feeling restless, I’d go for very long walks, sometimes staying out all day, and I’d take a backpack of books with me, spending the day finding comfortable places to read.

Scout-McCarthy said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I have a friend that I write a story with. We’ve made our own characters and we put them in situations, whether they be pleasant or not. We like to draw pictures for it and put ourselves in our characters shoes. When our problems become too much, we just slip into someone else’s world. When we hate ourselves, we become someone different. It’s a really great way to just break away.

Deleted User said 9 years, 7 months ago:

As a child I escaped by reading books and watching TV.
When I’m suffering from insomnia now or something is really bothering me I re-read my favourite childrens books,chronicles of Narnia,Winnie the Pooh,Beatrix potter potter books,Roald Dahl books and other favorite books growing up such as lord of the rings The Hobbit, Harry Potter series, Amelia Bones,Are you Araid of the dark series etc.
I also use music as an escape and exercise.