Nikkita said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I lost a friend January 31 of this year (2013) in a car accident. I live in MA and we have pretty insane weather, as anyone from New England can tell you. He was rushing to his girl friends house because she was missing and hit a patch of black ice. His jeep spun out of control, hit the guardrail and flipped. Her brother was also in the car. Shane died and Ryan survived. Turns out this gf wasn’t missing, she was at another guys house.
But that’s besides the point.
It’s been nine months and I still find myself sobbing over him being gone. I have grown so close to his family, spending half of my summer over there, even in his old room, apple picking with his aunt and texting his mother and brother. It still hurts so so much. “Stay Gold” was his thing and whenever I see that I cry. Whenever I hear “If I Die Young” or “Pachuca Sunrise” I start crying. Literally everything that reminds me of Shane makes me cry. I thought the pain would lessen but it hasn’t, not one bit.

Have any of you lost a friend at a young age (he was only 21) and felt this kind of pain?

PontiusQ said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Dear Nikkita.

I’m sorry you have to go through this in your life.
I know how you feel because I lost my friend too, I was 13 years old than and it defined me as a person. When I was suppose to have best time in my life, it ended like the worst. That’s life and you have to learn how to live with it. Maybe it’s hard when everything reminds you of him, but he was a part of your life and that is normal. You have to save your memories of him, don’t ever try to forget everything coz you think it’s easier that way. You are blessed by his presence in your life and when you feel sad, try to thing about positive memories of him. Maybe it will make you cry even more but it will make you happy inside.

It’s been 9 years that I lost my friend and it doesn’t get easier, you just learn how to live with it, and it helps a lot. I hope you will feel better soon : )