Carrie said 10 years ago:

I’m not incredible, or #1 on YouTube, but I do have a passion and would love to share it with you guys!
This is my latest film… it may not be impressive but the only way to improve is through criticism! I’d love to hear everyone’s input. Also, if anyone else makes films, send me the links! I’d love to watch them!

Siddharth Raj said 10 years ago:

I saw your film and I really like it.

Thing I like:
Sound: The eerie girlish hum is so creepy and so fitting.
Cinematography: Especially the hand-held zoom shots.
Things I feel could be better:
Title: A dead give away for the end.
Colours: I feel post-production could be better. It’s a little too de-saturated and the white is burning everywhere.

But that’s just my opinion and maybe you wanted it this way. Brilliant film overall. :)

I am a CG artist and this is my one-minute film. Does it still count if its not live action?

Thanks for the feedback! Your animation is outstanding. The first couple seconds I couldn’t tell if it was live action or not. I did have to watch it a couple of times to get the full effect. The sniper’s role kind of threw me off, with his early detection and lack of shooting, but I do understand it after watching it a couple of times. Overall, I think it’s great. CG is no easy task but this was very well done!

Thank you. Really appreciate that you saw my stupid film several times. :D

Yeah.. I kinda screwed up with the story.. I have to explain it every time to each and every person.

The story is not about the detective, the girl or the shooter. The whole set up is a metaphor about our conflict with ideals and practicality. You come in fighting for your morals but you leave with a negotiation.

hippiejoe said 10 years ago:

I liked the film a lot and you seem to have a good idea of what your doing. I’m a film major and some of the things I’ve learned might be able to help you. I’m not trying to be arrogant.

Things you could work on is the white balance. You had a couple of over exposed shots that could have been fixed with proper white balancing.
Color-Correction is key to getting that film look everyone loves so much. I’d recommend working on post production a bit longer.
This one really isn’t a critique but no one really uses zoom’s anymore in film unless they’re trying to emulate films from the 70s/80s. Most films these days use tracking shots or jump cuts to move location.

Sorry if I was too harsh. Film is my passion in life and I’ve been learning about it since I was little. Sadly I don’t have many friends so it’s kind of hard for me to film. I really did like your though. Keep up the good work.

It’s not that you screwed up with the story, Siddharth. Good talent is having that underlying message for people to interpret. Kind of a twist to it all, you know? It’s awesome… I think if everyone picked up on it right away, it’s too blatantly obvious. Not everyone gets art sometimes, and that’s okay!

Thanks for the feedback, hippiejoe! Any criticism is good criticism. Watching it over and over, I’ve seen how awful the white balance is. I was trying to give off the ‘dreamy’ look but think I overdid it. It doesn’t help that I’m literally pale white, stupid Finnish skin, so I always look ghostly. I understand about not really being able to film… I don’t have many friends interested in filmmaking so I do everything myself. Most of my movies are just me, which is difficult. Luckily, I had a little help here but from someone who knows super little about it. I wish there were more passionate filmmakers like us out there!

Rish said 10 years ago:

Siddharth, that’s a brilliant film you’ve made! I guess you’ve heard it many times but your animation skills are radically impressive. And not all audience expect the movie to spoon feed the story, they actually appreciate that they get to use their minds to understand it by themselves. You’ve done appealing work.
Keep up the charm :)

Thanks a lot Carrie and Rish. It means a lot to me. :)

A. said 10 years ago:

Well, I guess I’m not a “film maler” myself, but I’m an animator, both 2D and 3d, ditigal artist, even thought my passion is concept art for videogames and films.

But I can relate to this since I always get this thing, that I imagine stories and how would they be animated, when I listen to music. Music is like my fuel, really.

And so this week I started randomly trying out some things with drawings and such, and it’s turning into an actual animation because it looks kind of cool. It would be a very very short film, almost a teaser, but since I work all by myself and I will just work on this for the next week and maybe just a little longer (too keep moving and keep the brain fresh, you know), it will be something very short.

Actually it’s 2D but I’m trying to mix things a bit with 3D-plated things and play around a bit so it looks 3D-ish. Maybe I’ll put a link to it in a couple of weeks if someone wants to take a look at it, but since it’s in early stage I can only show a screencap of a half-done thing:

http://gyazo.com/5e0f3f637eea55d1202a242843eb890e

(I don’t know if it’s clear, just to make sure you know, that’s a bullet’s shell ^^” )

Deleted User said 10 years ago:

It’s great! I do some movies too but I guess that you won’t understand anything as it’s not in English… I’m terribly sorry for you!

Deleted User said 9 years, 11 months ago:

(: I liked it

WanderingCreature said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Good Job :)