riotworsley said 9 years, 9 months ago:

i am 99% my brother has BPD, and is bipolar. he’s 20 years old and still living in my parents house. i read the definition carefully and i’m sure he has BPD. i told my parents and they didn’t care at all. my mom tried to pretend she cared by saying she’ll check into it, but i knew she was lying, and my dad just thought i was joking. my sister keeps joking about it so nobody takes it seriously but me. i wish there was something i could do.

Humanist Hope said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Elaborate a little more on your issue, please. Detail some of your brother’s behavior.

he is overall out of control. he won’t do anything without fighting back with my parents, he said he’s not a christian literally because my family is christian. he depends on science more than people. he lashes out at any form of criticism, he won’t sit down long enough to hear anyone elses side of the story and when he thinks he’s right he repeats the same thing over and over again and then lashes out and shuts down.

Humanist Hope said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Invite him to come onto BlahTherapy. I’m an atheist myself. He might listen to reason if someone who is not related to him speaks to him. It sounds like family is one of his triggers, and you can’t stop being related to him, so perhaps some third-party intervention could more useful.

the problem is my parents won’t even consider looking into it. i have a feeling it’s gonna get even worse than it s now, and it’s really bad.