Deleted User said 10 years, 9 months ago:

I’m reading the book Abide with Me by Elizabeth Strout

sirano2022 said 10 years, 9 months ago:

I am reading cairo triology

runningfeet said 10 years, 9 months ago:

I am having poems of John Keats by my side, can’t read it in one go. So reading any random poem written by him. Also I read Letters to a young poet by Rainer Maria Rilke few days back. The man (Rilke) lived a lonely life and gave some pretty good advice to a budding writer/poet. Heard a lot about rilke that’s why picked it up. Its a very good book for writers to find inspiration to write, for me it was ok. So far haven’t read any poem by Rilke, maybe ‘ll read in future.

Kaitlen Strmiska said 10 years, 8 months ago:

im currently re reading everwild by neil shusterman. its an amazing trilogy. i would refer people to go read it

Deleted User said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Currently I’m wading through Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. Wish me luck, I think it’s longer than the holy Bible.

I’ve also been reading short sci-fi stories in my spare time. “I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream” was the most recent one I’ve read. I didn’t find it quite as scary as people seem to think it is, but I did enjoy it nonetheless.

Quizcal said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I just started “John Dies @ the End” by David Wong and thus far it’s been a confusing roller coaster of humour, horror, and the supernatural. It started off in second person and moved to first person, and I have yet to figure out how the prologue relates to the rest of the book, though I’m sure I’ll figure it out in a few chapters!

So far though, I would definitely recommend it. I mean, if you’re a fan of whole “wow creepy shit happens in this book” kinda thing they have going on, hahah.

I also just recently finished “My Life as an Experiment” by A.J. Jacobs, which was an adventure. I learned lessons and it made me want to do a lot more with my life (like, say, compliment random strangers or something). I would also recommend it, but some of the chapters aren’t as alluring as others.

greeklady said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Right now I’ve almost finished N.V.Gogol’s ‘Dead Souls’- it provided me with fascinated insight on Russian life in the countryside and cultural tradition.
Next up is Henri Perruchot – ‘The life of Van Gogh’, because I love the artist’s work and I’ve grown interested in his life. Artists’ (auto)biographies are some of the most interesting things to read out there for me.

noah rae said 10 years, 8 months ago:

currently I am reading Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. Uses some difficult language and needs an amount of perseverance but it is completely and utterly worth it for the beauty of the book and the writing contained inside.

Sempiternal … said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I’m reading Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. I read this several times, but I still love the book!

Jay said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Will Grayson Will Grayson. Love John Green’s writing.

Hannah said 10 years, 8 months ago:

A Version of Reason: In Search of Richey Edwards.

I find his disappearance interesting and I really, really want to find out more. Its a good book!

bbblife42 said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I am currently reading The Zombie Survival Guide, the book version, by Max Brooks. Nromally I hate all this Zombie crap but this book is actually really good. I also am reading Boy Nobody both fantastic books.

Magpie said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Currently I’m re-reading a lot of my childhood favorites (re: Tamora Pierce!) But I recently bought Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl! So far so good!

Vexper said 10 years, 8 months ago:

@weallhaveourstars Ah! The Caster Chronicles :3 I’m guessing you’ve seen the movie?

AnnieAnne said 10 years, 8 months ago:

The Gadfly – is about the illegitimate son of an Italian cardinal. The time is the 19th century, when Italy is under Austrian rule. The hero rallies his countrymen to battle for Italian independence. After several narrow escapes, the Gadfly is captured and executed by firing squad; in the very last moments, his father finally acknowledges the Gadfly’s true family heritage.