The Curious One said 10 years, 1 month ago:

oh my gosh the worst book to movie i ever saw was a series of unfortunate events. The movie was rubbish and the books were so cool and interesting.

Deleted User said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I watched all the Harry Potter movies, before reading the stories..
It was good to understand the places and how things were happening. It was bad for, my own imagination of what the characters should look like.
For an example is Ron Weasley taller than Fred and George, plus he is not chubby. And Mr. Weasley is not overweight. Hermione has big front teeth.
I recommend reading the books, because you get a greater view of the all, since you have Harry’s thought on paper, in the movies you often have to guess your way (;

Just_Me said 10 years, 1 month ago:

i like watching the movie and then read the book, else i will be very disapointed of the movie, i think we all agree when i say that the movies are shit compared to the books. haha, i watched the hunger games before i read the book, and i thought the movie was great, but when i had read the book and watched the movie, well… i wish i hadnt watched it after.

Deleted User said 10 years, 1 month ago:

As much as I can, I like to read the book before the movie because in films a lot has to be left out. I’ve had an experience of seeing the film before the book before and all of the extra information cut from the film swayed me quite a bit and I found myself getting impatient with the book trying to get to the parts that I knew that were from the film and getting impatient with books is something that I never usually do so, when possible, I’ll always try and read the book first, purely due to the amount that has to be changed or cut from the film.

kaitlyn said 10 years ago:

I always have to read books before they get made into movies. But I always picture the characters differently than the actors in the movies, and that kinda bothers me.

lyrically unchallenged said 10 years ago:

Books before the movie. It’s always a double headed sore though. Seeing the movie then reading the book, the image is different than what you wanted some how, or you feel you should done this a while ago. And watching the movie may not match up with what you thought or it’s just plain awful.

It’s a whole big thing.

Sheepy said 10 years ago:

I try to read the book before I watch a movie, but I make an exception for cult movies that have surpassed the source material (Fight Club, for example)
Sometimes they do well by following the book(s): Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Ender’s Game
Sometimes they deviate from the books and it still ends up being good:
Divergent, The Hobbit, Brett’s Holmes, City of Ember
Sometimes it’s better to pretend it’s not the same story:
The Lightning Thief, ATLA (*cringe*)