The Curious One said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I’m a tomboy, i could careless to spend time doing makeup and hair and picking out clothes. but other girls that are into these things will give me the cold shoulder and i know they talk about me behind my back. which i wouldn’t mind except it makes it difficult to make friends. Any other tomboys on here that could give a piece of advice? thanks

Deleted User said 10 years, 2 months ago:

The people that are worth being friends with are the ones who’s opinions aren’t affected by the gossip that goes around, but I know how influential it can be as well. They talk behind your back because you’re different to them and they have nothing better to do, but eventually they will get bored when they realise you don’t care…as for being a tomboy, respect for sticking to who you are(:

shan said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Girls are nasty, vicious creatures. They get it in their head that every person has to act and look the same way as they do. Just stay true to yourself, in the end you’ll be happier. I, too, can fall under the category of “tomboy” and recently cut my hair short to feel more comfortable with myself. A lot of people gave me snarky comments, but a lot MORE people respected me because of my reasoning when I posted it online (recovery. symbolic of ‘cutting away the past’) what I’m trying to say is, people respect you if you stay true to yourself and if you’re a genuine, real person. I don’t know your age, but I’m in year 11 and by my age, people stop gossiping and being dramatic. I hope I helped somehow, PM me if you need anything x

Niko said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I’ve always been a tomboy growing up. Did everything the boys did but better. Always had scabs, played football, drew DBZ, hung out with the worst of them. I honestly never paid any mind to the girls who thought of me as uncouth.

Often times I’d laugh back and told them they only wished they could be as ballsy as me. It’s safe to say that even though I was insecure on the inside, I never let it show on the outside. As long as you remain impassive to their taunts, sometimes laughing back at them, it can ease the irritation of their insults.

It’s worked for me and even now, under scrutiny of society, I care less what people think of me.

My individuality is what’s important to me. Everything in my world is an extension of that standard.

The Curious One said 10 years, 2 months ago:

thanks these were all helpful, deep down I’m confident with who i am but it’s when i let others opinions into my head that i feel bad about myself. thanks guys :)