Deleted User said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Hey, I love animals…pretty much more than anything at all. I really want to be a vet, and I’m just wondering if anybody on here is a vet or knows how to get this going :)

dobigurl said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Hey Joshua, I am a current vet student. Getting in to vet school is a lot of work but it is well worth the effort. All vet schools will want you to have some previous clinical experience working with a vet so I would talk to a local vet about shadowing. As well, they like to see a lot of other hands on experience with animals like volunteering at an animal shelter, zoo or even doing research with animals. So I would look into this too. Finally, to get into vet school you will have to make sure you take/have taken the required pre-requisite courses.

Most Vet schools applications are due in October. Ross university which is accredited has rolling admissions and is located in the West Indies. I would do some research on multiple schools and then apply to as many of them as you can afford/are interested in their programs.

Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get accepted on your first try. Many vets don’t get in until their second try. It’s harder to get into vet school then med school.

Good luck!