Alex said 9 years, 3 months ago:

I’m a beginner witch that is still mainly in the research phase. I was wondering if anybody had any advice for me in general. I do know I want to practice the Craft. Also, does anybody have any advice about ways of finding a mentor, or if a mentor is even a good idea. I will probably be a solitary witch for a while and then may get more into the Wicca side of it. I’m just needing some guidance right now.

Dannizy said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Finding a mentor can be particularly hard, especially depending on where you live. If you want to be solitary, I would suggest reading A Guide For The Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham – in fact, any books by Cunningham you can find are good, he’s a very, very good writer and an excellent source to learn about the way of Wicca! Not as reliable would be perhaps looking for social media about Wicca – I follow a lot of Wiccan blogs on Tumblr and they post a lot of helpful information, but be sure to verify things or make sure the blogs you follow are trustworthy, because they aren’t always reliable. Always remember that Wicca is your own path and you can adapt it in any way you’d like as long as you hurt none (including yourself) and stay faithful in the Goddess and God!