Malav said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Okay, so I know this might sound odd or completely ridiculous but it’s actually happening to me. For about almost 2 weeks now I’ve been ha ing very heavy, detailed and vivid dreams. They’re usually nightmares and I feel very uncomfortable in them. I wake up feeling disoriented because after waking up I waste about almost an hour trying to forget the dream and differentiating between reality and the dream. It’s kinda like waking up with a major hangover everyday without having alcohol the previous night.

One thing I’ve noticed is that I’m usually alone in my dreams. As in some of my friends might be there or my ex but I never get along with them and I’m always left out. Now this is weird because it’s pretty much the opposite in real life. The problem is that now it’s really interfering with real life and I can’t seem to stop it.

I tried lucid dreaming but that made it a hundred times worse because then I was aware that I’m in a dream (nightmare) and I know I’m still back home sleeping on my bed. But I can’t get up! I can feel my body sleeping on my bed and it’s like I’m stuck and I just can’t get up until I die or someone wakes me up. So I’ve stopped experimenting with lucid dreaming altogether.

Has anyone ever had a similar experience? I really need some help to get rid of this as soon as possible

Chwati:) said 9 years, 10 months ago:

That sounds very scary! Unfortunately, I’ve never had a similar experience so I can’t really give you any advice on how to stop it… So sorry about that. Have you considered visiting a psychiatrist or some other doctor? They might give a you a method to stop this :)

I’ve visited a psychologist but it wasn’t all that helpful. I’ve done a lot of research lately and it turns out that my dreams might having a meaning after all. They might be trying to tell me something or point out some unresolved issues, so I write down all of my dreams as soon as I wake up. I don’t really see a better solution than this so I’m sticking to it. :P

Emily said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I actually had a nightmare like that yesterday. I knew I was in a nightmare, but I couldn’t pull myself out. It literally feels like you’re trapped in another world! This happens to me only occasionally, but when it does it’s really intense!
The way I conquer it is by writing down everything I saw as soon as I wake up (even though I’m usually REALLY exhausted!). I try to turn my nightmare into a positive experience by using it as inspiration for creative writing or even drawing. Maybe something like this would help you?

Hi Emily! Sounds like you and I are going through the same thing. Except I’ve been getting those dreams a lot more frequently these days. Coincidently I’ve been writing down my dreams as soon as I get up for he last 3-5 days. As you said it’s really tough cause I feel so exhausted and remembering the dreams makes it worse. But I do feel better after writing them down as trying to make sense of it. Sometimes when I read them later on they seem quite funny. And somehow I’ve started drawing regularly these days and it’s been 3 years since I drew. Drawing helps me a lot so sometimes I just draw my dreams out rather than writing them. :D

yourlefthandman said 9 years, 9 months ago:

alright who here still has them?

yourlefthandman said 9 years, 9 months ago:

do you guys have this?
Sudden awakening from sleep, persistent fear or terror that occurs at night, screaming, sweating, confusion, rapid heart rate, inability to explain what happened, usually no recall of “bad dreams” or nightmares, may have a vague sense of frightening images. Many people see spiders, snakes, animals or people in the room, are unable to fully awake, difficult to comfort, with no memory of the event on awakening the next day.

Humanist Hope said 9 years, 9 months ago:

What you are experiencing is called lucid dreaming. Your trouble differentiating reality from dreams is because your anxiety level forced you to wake up from your nightmare quickly. You became conscious before your body burned out all of the sleep hormones from your body.

You were awoken during Stage Four sleep, which accounts for your grogginess. It can be a disconcerting feeling, but it is ultimately benign.