crumpitboy said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I don’t dream, well most of the time i don’t. i just kind of fade into unconsciousness, then wake up some time later. the only “dreams” i have are of mundane things, which later happen, like Deja Vu. am i alone in either of these things?

Mark said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Hey there! A whole ‘dream thing’ is really not that easy. A lot of people think they don’t see dreams, but they actually do and sometimes they reflect as Deja-Vu in our minds. Mostly questions like ‘What kind of dream am I going to have?’ or ‘Are you going to remember this one?’ depend on a whole lot of things. For example, your mood at that very moment before going to bed or what you’ve eaten today etc. If you ask me, so yeah, I have sort of the same thing and I’m really kind of happy when I get to remember a dream, even though those dreams, they are… bizarre.

Humanist Hope said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Dreaming is the mind’s equivalent of running our thoughts through WinZip or 7Zip to summarize them and process our daily experiences and thoughts, impulses, etc.

Dreams are not always direct because if our minds had to consciously sort through EVERYTHING we experienced in a single day in long word-form, our sleep cycles would last for days!

basically, the brain is a natural poet.

Dreams therefore are concepts, metaphors and summarizations. Multitudes of things bunched together into concepts so that we can process the day’s doings and goings in a faster form.

Dreams aren’t portents of the future or some kind of “gateway” into a mystical other world as some are wont to romanticize it.