Ele@nor said 10 years, 2 months ago:

This is the weirdest, I almost cry if some one turn the lights off. I think I’m scared of seeing nothing and that I have no control over anything in the dark, like I lose forces of what is happening and thats where I begin imagining things. I know there is nothing, but some feelings tell me that there is somebody, like i can fell it or see it, its even like i can hear them breathing. Maybe i like the moon because it lights op the dark, but who knows?

Vivid Melody said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I think you answered your own question ;) Nothing wrong with sleeping with a night light on. I do the same. I prefer a little glow. Over time, the fear fades.

Jess said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I used to have to sleep with a light in another room on but now I can sleep with no lights, but I still get freaked in the dark sometimes. It’s scary because we don’t know what’s there. Sight is our most relied on sense, so when we don’t have it all of sudden, like when we turn the lights off, it can be unsettling. As Vivid said, the fear generally fade over time. :)

Emily Marie said 10 years, 1 month ago:

The MOON lights up the darkness is probably the reason and the moon is pretty awesome as well.

just Effy said 10 years ago:

The reality is that you’re not scared of the dark; you’re scared of what’s in it.