TurtleGirl20 said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I am extremely petrified of the dark! I feel like everywhere I go walking in the dark, people are staring at me. Ready to strike at any moment, and will come attacking me. Someone came up to the door today, and asked if there were kids around, becasue they wanted to sell children’s books. But of course, there are no kids here, but this is the ultimate prank. People ask if there are kids at home, and if you say yes, I want to buy some books, they come through your window at night, and steal your kids. Now, I’m so afraid someone’s coming through the window, that I can’t sleep. Whenever it gets dark, or if I’m even home alone at night, I am so scared it isn’t even funny. I feel like so scared, I’m shaking. It may sound silly, but it’s absolutely awful, and it worries me so much, I constantly feel watched, always have to look back to make sure no ones behind me, always have to leave the curtain on the shower pulled back so I know no ones in the shower, always have to have the lights on in the house, and especially when I sleep, and so much more. It’s awful, and I wish so much I didn’t feel this way. The darkness comes every night, and every night I’m stricken with fear. Do you feel this way? If so, have you ever overcome this fear? I’m so worried, because when I live on my own, how will I be able to survive every night. I won’t ever get any sleep, because I’ll always be petrified.

ImnotMatt said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I used to be very afraid of the dark, for a very long time I never knew why. Even in my early 20′s I always refused to walk in the living room when it was night time without the light on.

For some strange reason that changed fairly recently. I’ve been feeling more comfortable in the dark now. I really don’t know why but I found it strange.