AjaxMarie said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Anyone have specific phobias they want to talk about? Here is the place for that!

Deleted User said 10 years, 10 months ago:

I hate bugs….bugs creep me the fuck out, I can be around ANYTHING and see ANYTHING except bugs…makes my skin crawl.

I have a few phobias that I developed when I was younger and they aren’t the normal run of the mill ones.

I struggle with Agoraphobia: “an anxiety disorder in which a person has attacks of intense fear and anxiety. There is also a fear of being in places where it is hard to escape, or where help might not be available.”

I also struggle with Automatonophobia (this one is so silly, but so real to me): “the fear of anything that falsely represents a sentient being. This includes, but is not limited to, ventriloquist dummies, animatronic creatures, and wax statues.” This one is awful for me. Especially, if said things are A) Way bigger and/or more elevated than me or B) DINOSAURS. Can’t handle it. Can’t really explain why. I don’t think they are going to come to life and get me. It’s the fact that I don’t know what they are going to do. Even though I love museums and amusement parks, they can also be a nightmare for me.

I also can’t handle dark water. I don’t know the name for that though.

Emily said 10 years, 10 months ago:

I don’t have a name for mine, but I constantly have a fear that my friends (or people in general) don’t like me. When I’m not there I always imagine conversations of them talking bad about me. I don’t know why I have it though.

Another thing is I don’t do good with social things really.. We could be eating at McDonald’s and I would get asked to go ask a cashier something and I’ll be freaked out of my mind having to be the one to ask. Sometimes it’s not een social. Yesterday all I had to do was walk across the street and pick up my little sister from school, but I was so scared that I was just frozen not wanting to go

Social anxiety it sounds like, @x4supermacy.

Interesting topic! I used to suffer from agoraphobia terribly, but I’ve been able to overcome that quite a lot over the years and it’s still a fear of mine. I don’t think that urgency to escape will ever leave me but that phobia really affected my life.

Had to look this up, it’s called trypanophobia apparently! Basically a fear of vaccines and injections etc. I actually avoided getting the tuberculosis vaccine at HS because it was just too traumatic for me. I know it’s irrational but I haven’t been able to conquer this one just yet (don’t exactly have situations to practise it with!) I’m going to have to get over it though if I want to travel :(

There is another one but I’m not sure I want to share that just yet.

I have a fear of going back on life support. Mechanical ventilation, specifically.

Jesper said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Social anxiety for one
Deep water where you can’t see to the bottom.
Spider/ bugs in general.
I’m extremely afraid of heights.
I’m also extremely afraid of needles.
I also have Atychiphobia which is the fear of failure.(edit) what i mean with this is, i’m so scared to fail i don’t even try to do whatever it is in the first place.
I also have a fear of going alone in the dark but that is somewhat common i guess ^^

I also suffer from social anxiety – although mine originates from PTSD.
And I also have a rather obscure phobia of mines! Maybe this is rather a british thing but there are a few mine museums in the uk – you go down and see the conditions people were working in etc etc. the voice overs of miners’ stories, the sound effects, and most of all the plastic statues of horses, carts and miners really freak me out.
bizarrely though i’m completely fine in a cave..

imo said 10 years, 10 months ago:

I’m philophobic, haphephobic and acrophobic C:
The haphephobia has some weird triggers though, so I’m never sure when it’s going to be ahh shock scary or ohh totally fine
which is difficult to explain to people
D:

Love-and-be-loved said 10 years, 10 months ago:

acrophobia: fear of heights. Like they terrify me i went to Disneyland as a field trip once and i started bawling on the Ferris wheel.

Arrhenphobia: fear of men. ussually only older men and ones that are pretty big as in like buff.

Claustrophobia: this one is really weird. It only happens arounfd my legs and feet. if my whole body is in a taight space i dont care but the moment stuff gets to crowded around my feet i start getting this intense pain in my legs even if nothing is touching me.

Demophobia: fear of crowds. yeah i just hate them.freak me out every time. enough said.

Coulrophobia: fear of clowns. becuase first off no one should be that happy all the time. and second i watched to much batman as a child.

not being wonted/not good enough. i think this one pretty much explains its self. so yeah i have a lot of fears.

Ged said 10 years, 10 months ago:

I’m afraid when I have to phone someone I don’t know well.
I’m afraid of heights, especially if there’s someone else with me because I start thinking that they might fall.

Carson Elizabeth said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Social anxiety.
Bugs.
Tornadoes.

Wallflower91 said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Phobophobia- fear of fear itself, I realized this at a young age, fear always takes the form of darkness for me, but I dont fear actually darkness
Autophobia- An abnormal and persistent fear of loneliness, of being alone. A fear of solitude. I used to be a die hard people pleaser. I used to hate myself more than I hated everyone else, but still wanted to please them as long as theyd stay by my side.
Arachnophobia- Spiders… all that needs to be said

I’m afraid of losing friends, my parents, getting lost, being on my own in some situations, falling, being ignored my everyone, not being wanted by everyone