Deleted User said 7 years, 9 months ago:

Just a notice that I’m deleting my account, @inreverie, sorry for the people who were venting to me because I know this is probably something of a disappointment. I’ve just been struggling more with things over the past few weeks and I should probably prioritise the urgent things that need looking into. If I do come back I’ll get into contact with people again but I’m not sure of things.

@inreverie: Are you serious…? Great.

Rain said 7 years, 9 months ago:

Hey, she has her reasons and problems to deal with. You should not try to make her feel guilty for wanting to leave. Your sadness is not her fault, so don’t act like this. Respect her decision.

Well, then. I’m… sorry, @little-angel-2. I’ll just… back off.

kirstenleighann said 7 years, 9 months ago:

i feel as if maybe you could be a little nicer to tell her, @Silent Rain . Instead of making @MysteriousChildSB feel worse talk to her and offer her friendship if one must leave this site then okay hope life gets better but dont make others feel horrible… it just isnt right

@kirstenleighann: Finally… Somebody who gets me. Thank you, Kirsten. You’re such a sweetheart.

kirstenleighann said 7 years, 9 months ago:

i just dont think that thats the way to tell someone to leave it alone…… tbh if your upset because this person is leaving then u have every right to be… you guys could be friends not just someone to complain to i dont think people have the right to judge someone and tell someone to cut off their feelings when everyone has feelings and also you have a right to express your feelings…isnt this what this site is about

Everyone is free to speak their opinion and so am I, whether you agree or disagree with the way I say it. I just don’t think it is right for her to try to make her feel bad for leaving. Everyone has the right to come and go as they please.

You have altered your reply by now, but I still know what it originally said.

@little-angel-2 and @kirstenleighann
i think u both mean well and both have a point..but please dont be angry with each other…

If I was angry, you’d know.

First of all, don’t call me sweetheart. It is not about being experienced with blah. What I’m saying is making you feel guilty? Maybe you should think about how you make others feel with what you say. See, you already said it yourself, you’re making her feel guilty for leaving, so don’t come blaming others for making you feel guilty when you do the same. If she wants to leave, that’s entirely her decision and I’m sure she has her reasons. Of course you can feel sad, but that doesn’t give you a reason to try to guilt trip her for it.

rinseandrep said 7 years, 9 months ago:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-0407-silk-ring-theory-20130407-story.html

Silk ring theory people, you dump your emotions to other people, not the person who has already had enough. That “Ah, great!” is as rude as the telling someone to not be rude.

I feel that lately (outside ofthis thread) there has been a lot of writing things publicly, things that would better be suited to personal messages, specially when they are about conflict with a person, and that person can read them too. It’s good to be aware of how your words affect people.