Deleted User said 9 years ago:

this is going to sound really stupid, and i am having trouble explaining it, but i hate that noise bothers me.

i get really angry when i can hear someone else’s music through their headphones or through their car or when people are talking loudly or children are screaming. i can’t stand the radio on in a car or a store or a tv in the background – just any noise that i am not actively engaging in, i don’t want to hear… it’s jarring and distracting and i hate it. i can’t focus. it’s like someone constantly tapping on my shoulder.

every night, i wake up multiple times from noise like a door slam outside or even someone walking/doing something in the next room.

it’s like noise is louder to me than it is to everyone else… if that makes sense?

i don’t know if it is something wrong with my ears or if i have a.d.d. or if i am just a grumpy person. but i really just wish it was quiet. i am thankful for my good hearing but sometimes i wish i could shut my ears like we shut our eyes (i really don’t know how to word that to make it sound less stupid).

cuzlifehappens said 9 years ago:

Hun, I think you have misophonia. I have it too and it feels like hell. If you ever want to talk about it more just ask for my skype <3

Deleted User said 8 years, 12 months ago:

i had no idea that was even a thing. this helps a lot – seriously, thanks so much. @cuzitjustsucks