Art.student.dropout said 10 years, 9 months ago:

So, Its summer! I’m living right now, at my Fiancee’s parents house because my parents turn my room into a stock pile room. but anyways… I’ve maybe been here for around three months? and I brought my apartment back here from College, and half of its in the basement and the other half, like clothes, art stuff, ect. is chilling out in our room. Well needless to say our room is a little cluttered and what not during a normal weekday when my fiancee is at work and im out and about trying to find work. But on this random day, when our room was actually pretty decent for once, A wild Facebook Status appears.

” I need some advice, My son and his girl friend ” (I have a ring here guys, so that made me a little upset) ” have been asked to clean their room multiple times” ( hmm this is the first time I’ve ever heard/seen her ask us since I’ve been back) ” and they havent been doing it, or when they do it turns right back into a disaster area, I’m unsure what to do at this point. Any Ideas?”

okay, Normally I would go confront the person for there wrong doings, but THIS was posted by his mother… Needless to say this post had 51 comments… Really nasty comments from one of his aunts and her daughter. Basically stating that we, as a couple, are worthless, and don’t deserve to live with them, are slobs, and are horrible kids. I think what bugs me the most is that these women have never wanted or have even taken a chance to get to know me… At family functions I’m snubbed and giving evil glares, I honestly don’t understand why. I’ve never done anything to this family besides date their nephew and live with him, due to my own family issues.

The yesterday, While I was watching my youngest brother and sister ,while my parents took my 10 year old brother to the ER, I got a lovey text message from his mother.

“if that room doesnt get clean, you will be living some where else. I was starting to clean your guys room when i found something fucking disgusting, I’m done.”

This is where I explode. I didnt send her the message but I typed this out.

“I honestly love the fact, that we can be gone at my parents house and you just leap on the chance to snoop and raffle through our room. It is an invasion of privacy. You don’t see me going through your bedroom and telling you that your bathroom is a fucking mess, or that the kitchen is disgusting now do you? You need to understand that I’m NOT his maid, so therefore I will not be cleaning his room by myself, he needs to help me out. You also need to realize that since I’ve moved back here from college, All my stuff (clothes, art supplies, etc.) are now in that room or around the corner.”

I deleted and walked away from my phone, I felt like it was sooo not worth the time, nor the effort.

A part of me now feels like I’m a worthless piece of shit, mostly because I decided that MIAD (Art College) wasn’t an option for me any more. That place made me lose the passion that i once had for art and just ripped my soul to shreds. I’m now thinking of starting a new chapter in my life. I’m currently looking for a place to live, either on my own or with my fiancee. I can manage either was as long as I’m close to the ones I love.

Snooze said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Hey, we spoke earlier.

Given it some thought and I think that you need to talk to your boyfriend about the problem.. he might know the best way to go about talking to his mother.

I also think you are quite young, maybe the mother hasn’t quite adjusted to the fact yet. You should try talking to her discreetly and apologies as much as it might suck.

Finally you should understand that not all people are nice… You might have to just put up with her being a bitch and do your best to stop her taking measures.

Just talk to your boyfriend and explain what happened and how you feel. Then start your life over.