Spirits Ryze said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Is most of the people that “Listen” just trolls that either want to talk sexually to mostly girls, or people that want to act like they care then halfway in to you venting they shoot it down, say something rude, then disconnect. It happened to me twice in a row. Even trying to make sure in the beginning that they weren’t trolls because I didn’t want to waste time typing a lot just for them to turn out being trolls. Yet both of them said something rude halfway through then just left me there. I really needed someone to talk to, not so much to help me, but to just listen. thats half the reason I always go to Listener. Because I want people to be safe talking to me, be able to tell me whatever and get my honest opinion and advice. Does flagging them honestly serve them justice? Because it doesn’t feel like. I just feel so violated.. when all I wanted was a nice person to listen to me. I know most of you are nice. I just feel really bad after wasting 30 minutes each with 2 different people, opening up to them about something I have told NOBODY, not one single person online or in real life, just to get insulted for nothing. For being myself.

Katia said 9 years, 11 months ago:

it’s not just you.. i remember once i was feeling really depressed and even wanted to kill myself. i went to the chat hub hoping i’d have someone who would listen to me. then i got someone who actually made fun of me. i was shocked. and that person made me even more depressed. it was really hurtful what they did.

Janey baby said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I always seem to get the asshole too…most of the time my problems arent interesting enough for them to stay online and listen :S im only ever a listener, venting to idiots doesnt help me..maybe add a few people and tell them a lot of ppl in the chat dont even have a blah account theyre just bored or something..

SunnieAnnie said 9 years, 11 months ago:

The only time I vented,i got an insulting idiot. -.- I mean,really!I dont understand tham.They should lisen and try to help you,not to insult you or make fun of you.I guess that they are just bored. pff
btw,if anyone whant to talk,you guys can send me mess,i’ll listen.im not a troler

Atlas said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I find that at certain times, really horrible people are online. It always seems to be those particular times though, which I find quite strange. Even as a listener, I’ve been insulted for little things, like mistaking what someone has said. If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me any time c:

Akasha said 9 years, 11 months ago:

As a listener, I have had to deal with my share of trolls as well. It sucks that you’ve had some bad experiences, esp. after having invested so much time opening up to them. I’ve helped many people just by listening. Just know that not every listener is the same and there are some good people out there. If you ever need to talk, feel free to message me.

Shade said 9 years, 11 months ago:

That’s never happened to me, but that’s really awful.
If you ever need to talk, I will never troll you or shoot you down.

Varys said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I am a listener and I speak for myself: when I join some chat is because I really do want to listen and help. Even though I haven’t been on this site for a long time, I have found some trolls among venters, people who make up things and so on.
I believe you when you say that some listeners are trolls too, but I think that it is a problem that touches us all, listeners and venters.
I’m sorry you people had to experience such things, I can understand how you feel: it’s not nice to find out, after several time spent with someone trying to help, that the person is just mocking you.
Stay strong and look for someone else, you’ll eventually find someone who really wants to listen to you.

Michael18 said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Im glad i never used the chat, i always hated it and its users, now i do even more, only used it twice to help a suicidal friend (and only because my friends werent on), but thats it, not even once for me, in fact i dislike a lot some people ive found here registered, now the chat that is anonymous… a thousand times worse…

Snazzy Jazzy said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I mean the first time I used the chat I got a really good listener who helped me get over my past. And actually earlier today i was venting and a troll told me to go to hell. I just couldn’t believe it. Sometimes when I’m listening I get those pervy people too. It’s ridiculous. This site was probably meant to help people and these trolls are ruining it.