Deleted User said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I need gym motivation … I want to get a toned body but I still go and eat chocolate and other things. I play afternoon soccer and walk to my bus stop every morning which is only like a 5 minute walk. I do lots of sport at school though, I just don’t know who to control my eating and some help with the gym

AngelM said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I eat tons of junk food, but I balance it through exercise. But then, it depends on body types. Some people have high metabolism rates, meaning their bodies burn the fat quicker than it can be put on, in some cases. Talk to your doctor about it, they’ll be able to tell you what’s best for your body. Don’t worry about chocolate, your sports and 5 minute walks are good enough for those. Toning on the otherhand involves more specific stuff.

Thing is, you’ve a skinny tag, and then you say being toned, which are two different things entirely. Muscle weighs more than fat, and toning is just strengthening and building muscles.

You want motivation? You wanna look good and feel good right? Just do small things!! Getting toned doesn’t have to be a massive thing:
Just doing 3 sets of 10 reps(doing 10 of them, 3 times(have water or a breather in between the 3)) of sit ups(lie on your back, bend your knees with your feet FLAT on the floor and use your neck and shoulders(not hands) to pull yourself towards your knees) every day or every second day and eventually you’ll have washboard abs.

If that’s too much, don’t do it. DO NOT believe the no pain, no gain saying, you could actually damage your muscles. You should feel a slight difficulty though, otherwise it’s not effective. It’s more effective to do more, less impacting stuff than to do a few heavy impact stuff. Doing say 3 sets of 10 reps is a lot more effective than doing 2 sets of 15. It’s also easier since you can spread out the 3 throughout the day.

For building biceps, just lift a carton of milk from your side, bend your elbow, to your shoulder, again, 3 sets of 10 reps. You’ll know you’re doing it right if you keep your back straight and can see your forearm muscle flexing.

Just small things like these that don’t even involve a gym can get you toned, it doesn’t have to be a gargantuan effort.

sit ups wont give you abs.
Do 100 crunches, 30 sec leg lift, 100 bicycle crunches, 30 sec body hold, 30 second flutter kicks once everyday and youll have abs in a year, well atleast abs that look sick, youll be saying boy im a sickk cunt with sick abs.
Diet is more important, as for abs to be visible you need to be at 8-10& max bodyfat, say goodbye to the fattie foods bro, or make sure your burning them off.

@angelm your whole post is lol. I think its meant for fatties, seriously life a milk carton to get biceps?? wtf, next thing you know walking = intense cardio.

If you want to get ripped, toned. First Bulk, Eat heavy, Lift Heavy. Reach the weight you desire. Second Cut, after bulking you will strictly diet intense cardio and have protien rich foods and still life abv avg, till you lose 4-5 kilos.

Getting ripped takes time, dedication, and a lot of pain, otherwise everyone would do it. Or steroids.

AngelM said 10 years, 4 months ago:

@limitless Not so much fatties as beginners. I’m hardly gonna suggest they lift a ton when they’ve mentioned 0 experience, it’d damage them. Starting off small and building up is more important.

Do not start any form of dieting unless you’ve seen a doctor. They know better than any stranger on the internet what’s best for your body. Everyone’s body reacts and behaves differently so what works for one may not work for another.

KellyMichelle:) said 10 years, 4 months ago:

To get toned you need to do about 3-4 sets with a medium/ slightly heavy weight about 10-12 reps. That’s not starting off too heavy but its going to help you start toning and building muscle. You should try and exercise atleast 3X a week as well.. 5X if you want to lose weight. I think @AngelM makes a great point- If you cant go to the gym then use ‘make-shift’ weights at home. there is nothing wrong with using milk-jugs as weights or just doing lunges, squats, pushups, etc. at home. Anything is better than nothing!

As for diet, you should start weaning yourself off of the chocolate and sweets.. because they simply aren’t good for you. Say for example, you eat a chocolate bar every night.. start by replacing the chocolate bars throughout the week with fruit.. or just skip eating them all together. And keep working on knocking those out until eventually your eating a chocolate bar once a month, instead of every day.
Once you get yourself off of high-sugar foods, your body does not want it anymore.. just like any other craving.

I hope this helps! :) Let me know if you have any more questions!

i just suggest youd listen to me if you want real gains, and want to look sick.
If you want to lift milk cartons and feel like your Thor in your head while eating donuts go ahead;p

Nicco_ForYou said 10 years, 4 months ago:

txt me dude , i’ll give you some pointer on how to gain msucles and be bulk as hell … i gained 60 lbs in short time , i can help if you want , just txt me

Vivid Melody said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Chocolate is okay in moderation especially if it’s dark chocolate since it’s high in antioxidants. Don’t deprive yourself. There are a lot of helpful blogs online that offer awesome healthy recipes depending on what you like. Pinterest is a great place for finding such recipes too.

You don’t have to stop eating chocolate. Its fine to eat as long as you don’t eat multiple bars a week. Try to eat healthier things too like salad and fruit. Also try dark or sugar free chocolate