Ms. Pocket Dragon said 8 years, 1 month ago:

I have a friend who doesn’t wash his hair, doesn’t shower, but not in the hippie way, in the lazy way. There is no liberation front involved. Foot odor, beer bottles everywhere at all times, dirtied collars, smells like cigarettes, and often curmudgenly (spell check, one, two). I beg the question. If someone likes the other parts about him, but they don’t change that aspect, is that judgy or reasonable to think its gross? Ladies and gents would you date a guy with great character traits and compatibility sure, but the above hygiene comes with the package, with a general unwillingness on this guys part to change? How much does hygiene matter to the people you date?

Detective Babu said 8 years, 1 month ago:

Hygiene is an important factor to me. ^^ I couldn’t date him. If I did, I’d make him shower or spray him with a water hose. xD

Deleted User said 8 years, 1 month ago:

tell him you wont have sex with him, unless he showers!
If he doesnt change, he probably needs a hippie chick, so dont waste your time!

Either way he sounds disgusting! Like some sort of bum..

Varys said 8 years, 1 month ago:

I think hygiene is really, really important. I could NEVER date someone who doesn’t take care of him/herself this way. I don’t care if a person doesn’t wear perfume or if his/her nails are a bit longer, of if the clothes are a bit creased: cleanness is the important thing.

Maybe he doesn’t realize his lack of hygiene (but I doubt it), anyway you can try help him with “messages” and “signs”. For example, give him soaps and shampoos for his birthday in addiction to some other present. Or… make him come with you at the mall and “accidentally” end up in the personal care area and be enthusiastic in suggesting some product that you find amazing and that he absolutely has to try.

If he’s not dumb he’ll get the message.
If you don’t feel like telling him these things, you can try asking a friend in common (better if it’s a male) to speak with him about this problem. I don’t think you’re the only one disturbed by his behavior.

diana said 8 years, 1 month ago:

A guy with no hygiene is a big no-no to me