JordanG765 said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I hate being Black girl…it’s a curse. Black girls are deemed the least desirable and least attractive race. I would have been happy if I was born any other race or was at least mixed so I could have had a better chance at looking decent. Black female features are considered unfeminine many people even say that they look men. I always hear people say that, “It’s hard to find a pretty Black girl…she usually has to be mixed to be pretty”. Dark skin is considered a masculine trait and natural Black hair is viewed as unattractive. Majority of guys even go for light skinned girls who are White, Asian, Latina, Indian or mixed. Many Black guys also choose these girls over Black girls. There are only few guys that actually like Black girls and those guys are hard to find. I am horrified and hurt that I was born this way. People have always told me to “love myself as I am” which drives me crazy especially when the person who says it is some other race. Maybe it’s easy for them to love themselves but they have no idea how it feels to live being a Black female. I was bullied all through elementary, middle and high school because of my hair and skin. Because of this I developed depression and anxiety issues and it all just gets worse. I want to lighten my skin and get a weave but there are serious health dangers that come with lightening skin and getting a weave is pricy. I wish I could change I really do… I hate being a Black female.

Deleted User said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Not for everybody… I respect anyone.

LushSapphire said 10 years, 4 months ago:

My girlfriend is actually a black female, and let me tell you she is the most gorgeous woman I have ever set eyes on, she is perfect in every way possible, she is beautiful, but it’s so sad because she doesn’t think she is, and it’s for the reasons you listed above. But she is so so beautiful, and I bet you are too. (This is coming from a girl, I’m bisexual) But anyways, to me she is perfect in every way, especially physically. I bet you are beautiful too.

thingswesaidtoday said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Halle Barry, Vanity, Thandie Newton, Janet Jackson, Kerry Washington, Vanessa Washington, Oprah, Alicia Keyes, Tyra Banks, Lisa Bonet, Laila Ali, Toni Braxton, Naomi Campbell, Phylicia Rashad. And that’s just a small percentage of beautiful black women.

Chwati:) said 10 years, 4 months ago:

The only way you’ll find someone who will truly love you for who you are is if you love yourself! You are YOU and nobody else can be who you are. If anyone only comes to you because you are white, grey, brown or purple(?!) then it won’t last forever. Why would you want to waste time on someone who only wants to be there till your hair greys and skin wrinkles? Enjoy what you are doing. Be the person you want to be and don’t be the person people want you to be. People are hard-wired to never be 100% satisfied by you and that can’t be changed. Don’t try to please people to attract them because that is exactly what repels them. Wouldn’t you want to run away from someone who keeps begging for your attention by pleasing you and giving you what you want all the time? Some people may hate you for your confidence but you can’t have followers without haters right? Just keep doing what you love and let it come from within your heart. Dance in your room when no one is around even if you don’t know how to. Work on loving yourself and who you are and I’m sure that someone will find you. Good luck! And you are be beautiful, don’t let anyone say otherwise.

Jazilla101 said 10 years, 4 months ago:

So you would go through health dangers just so you can have a lighter skin tone? just too fit some small minded peoples ideal of beautiful? ITŚ NOT WORTH IT. Even if you do bleach your skin and get a weave guess what? SOCIETY WILL STILL PICK ON YOU, THEY WILL STILL FIND SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU. NO ONE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO PLEASE SOCIETY, NOT EVEN BEYONCE. NO ONE IS PERFECT. I know you’ve probably heard this like a billion times but you have to EMBRACE your flaws, when you do that life will become so much easier and fun. Don’t let society make you go off and do something extremely dangerous and stupid. Talk to God about your problem, he will help you see how beautiful you really are. Also STOP comparing yourself to the girls with light skin. Go find a mirror and look at yourself and find what YOU like about yourself.It may take some time before you can start seeing how beautiful you are but TRUST ME, IT WILL HAPPEN and your life will change in the BEST way when you realize it.(:

¨No need to fix what God already put his paintbrush on¨
-J.cole