lost-or-found said 9 years, 10 months ago:

So I’m a 19 year old woman, though I have always been an old soul. I am hard working, though currently unemployed. I want a child more then anything and have since I was 15. I’ve been told many things from It’s natural my clock just started earlier then most. To If YOU think you’re ready then go for it and you need to LIVE you’re so young don’t give up your adventure for a baby so early. My boyfriend turned 30 last month and he would be more then happy if we had a child, I know financially we could handle it, it would take a lot of work but my parents were hard up for cash when i was born and I never wanted for anything. They made it work, with my mom as a stay at home mom. What I want to know is what you think. How young is too young? Should I wait, lord knows it kills me every time I get my period I want to curl up in a whole and die. Every day I see children and feel an ache in my abdomen and empty painful aching for a child of my own. If you don’t think I’m too young how do you recommend I deal with my parents (whom I don’t live with) If i were to get pregnant. Please help me… :(

Swifting said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Obviously. Biologically you’re not too young to bear children. And, I don’t see anything wrong with you getting pregnant this early other than your brain is not completely done developing and the chemical change of a pregnancy hasn’t been studied in how it affects your development.

As for mom and dad they might feel better if you were married to him before you bear his children. They get a lot less protective when there is a legal contract that he has to take care of them and you.

I guess that would be a way to keep my parent’s at bay, but it’s not exactly a topic i want to bring up to my boyfriend… How would I go about that? Just say, hey before you get me pregnant we should probably get married, because it’s proof for my parents that you are committed?

“You know I’ve always wanted to be a bride before a mom. It might be a little old fashioned but; I’ll look better in my wedding dress.”

“I want to be a traditional family. In this world of Teen Mom. I want to do it right a start at a new life with a new family.”

Those were more along the lines as to what I was thinking.

DJ Not Nice said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Under 16 is too young, legally, so you’re fine. As of child security/support, depending on where you live, there are legal protections even if there is no marriage or civil union.

Avery✿ said 9 years, 10 months ago:

19 is alittle too young. Not only is it not healthy for you, but also the baby. The earliest is around 23. So yeah you should wait. If you like kids so much why not volunteer or work at a day care, or even a camp? It will help you build up experience until you can have a baby!

Also consult your doctor for more information, to give you advice on maintaining a healthy body…

I worked at a daycare, it depressed me. Seeing children on the street makes me want to never leave my home, it creates an empty ache within. And 23 is not by any means the youngest you can have children in a healthy manner. I know a lot of women who have had perfectly healthy babies as young as 16. Not to mention that in the past (far past) waiting till 23 would have made you an “old maid.” Our bodies are made to handle child birth and while i think yes in your teens is a high risk time I think that by 18 most women are ready (physically) to bare children.

@Swifting- He knows me too well to believe any of that :P He knows I am a woman who hardly even believes marriage is important for a happy life (though i do want to be married someday) And I think that pregnant women are gorgeous and that I work hard so baby weight and such isn’t going to be an issue to lose. So neither of those approaches are really going to work.

Then your plan will actually work.

@lost-or-found I’m sorry

@avery thank you :)