MimiSaya said 6 years, 10 months ago:

I have been isolated by my family and by people in school and was never given the chance to show my true self. I have became depressed over the years because I feel no one takes the time to get to know me.

Donny said 6 years, 10 months ago:

I went through the same thing at school- I’d always feel like I had no friends which would lead me to being cold to anyone in the immediate vicinity. I think there was a Derren Brown show about luck and missed opportunities that made me realise I was perpetuating my own isolation in that by thinking I was on my own, I would only ensure myself being on my own.
After rallying up the courage to talk to people (including my own family!), it started getting a lot easier to talk to people.
I know it’s going to be difficult, but try just talking to people. Try and find people that have similar interests so it’s easier to keep a conversation going, for example at a book club or music festival?
I also apologise for the delay in answering this! And if it means anything I’d like to get to know you better (:

(◣_◢)Poet said 6 years, 10 months ago:

i want to be positive and say hang in there and that i’m sure you’re great. but what do you mean isolated? its one thing if you just have trouble interaction, but it sounds like you believe people are forcing you to not be able to share yourself? why is that?

Deleted User said 6 years, 10 months ago:

Do you feel like others don’t want to have anything to do with you? This is a mind-set that I too struggle with. Sometimes just saying to yourself, “The heck with it.” and then reaching out does work. It is up to us to break the cycle. I know it’s hard. It can be really hard when you believe you are getting that cold shoulder or when you believe you are not worth knowing. Lately, my mentor has been telling me to know myself and know that I am okay and if someone is cold to me, it probably has nothing to do with me.

MimiSaya said 6 years, 10 months ago:

To answer everyone’s answers/questions lol I feel that I’m a cool person and all but I’m just shy talking to people and the “friends” I once had only used me so its been real hard finding people that are similar to me and especially even hardier finding females that are nice and not intimidating.

Deleted User said 6 years, 10 months ago:

I feel intimidated, too. Tonight I was at this women’s group and I felt like an outsider at a club. I told myself I was okay. That helped me at least feel peaceful around them. I just let them talk amongst themselves. I acted as friendly as my shy personality would allow me. I smiled a lot and cracked a couple of jokes. Otherwise I was very quiet. It can be intimidating. I know.

Kaelyn said 6 years, 10 months ago:

I feel just like the OP does. It’s really hard for me to reach out and push away the feeling that everyone I meet hates me or i’m not good enough to talk to. But i’ve learned that if I try even just a little to reach out to someone and they respond possibly it makes it that much worth it.

MimiSaya said 6 years, 9 months ago:

Yeah I don’t shut people out. I actually try to make friends its just hard to meet people in school or in random places. Most people just seem weirded out that your talking to them.