Lemom Help said 8 years, 7 months ago:

Do I have depression? I looked at the symptoms. I do feel hopeless, weary, and worthless quite a bit. My sister left to teach across seas and my older sister, who just graduated, is leaving overseas to nanny. They will both be gone a year. I’ll still have two sisters and three brothers along with my parents at home. My sister that just graduated, let’s call her Amy(fake name). The one going to teach will be Mag.(Again fake name.) Amy would make sure I wouldn’t feel left out and would always be there for me during school. Now I worry, because the upcoming school year, she won’t be there. I worry. When I think about the changes going on in my life, I cry. I can’t stop crying. I have no thoughts about killing/ harming myself, I would never want to do that.
I also have major mood swings. I could be crying about missing my sisters and the next moment, I will finally act my age and think,” Why am I crying? It’s a good learning experience for them and they’ll be home in a year. Next year won’t be as bad as you think.” Then, I’ll be ok. I keep busy to keep my mind of these things. I think it happens when I’m tired but recently, it’s whenever.
I love my life though. If I could change anything in it, there is nothing I would change.
Can you help?

hatsune miku said 8 years, 7 months ago:

Nobody here can diagnose you. You should go to a trusted and verified therapist or counselor. You can talk to one over the phone, or submit a free question to a therapist here.

A diagnosis is NOT an 8 year old’s “Which Hannah Montana character are you must like?” quiz. A diagnosis needs to be made professionally and should not be taken lightly. None of us are specially trained to diagnose you, and especially if you are given a wrong diagnosis, it could cause you un-needed stress and anxiousness.

Anyone with your symptoms can be considered “normal”, in fact 1 in 5 teenagers could be depressed, and that is a normal statistic too. Depressed people or people with your same symptoms are not outcasts, weird, or abnormal. There are many people like you, and I could even relate to how you feel. Normality is in the eye of the beholder, and normal isn’t even a real thing anymore. Don’t feel like having depression means you’re not a “normal” person.

But, if you want to find out if you really have depression, contact a professional. I really wish you good luck.