Deleted User said 7 years, 6 months ago:

It was in a science class, and we were modelling cells using jelly. One of the people in my class told me that there was gelatine in it and what it was made of and that just made me totally reconsider everything. For me, it’s about preventing unnecessary suffering and I have a total thing against any kind of animal cruelty. I’ve now been vegetarian for about 5 years.

Bluie said 7 years, 3 months ago:

I’ve been this way since I was about 5 years old. I think it was one of those childish things where you didn’t want to do what your parents told you, and it just kinda stuck. I can’t really even imagine eating meat. All of my aunts and uncles would force me to eat meat all the time and I would just gag trying to make myself eat it for them. I guess I don’t really like the taste. Plus, forcing an animal to breed, restricting it from certain things, and then blatantly killing it for self gain…It doesn’t seem right.

Deleted User said 7 years, 3 months ago:

I became vegetarian almost 5 months ago…I really don’t see why someones life should be taken away for no reason,and that someone has to go through all that pain and has to suffer just because of someone else’s pleasure…

luna said 7 years, 3 months ago:

I never actually liked meat or fish, i akways hated the taste of it and the fact that you are eating a dead being was just really gross to me. I wanted to become a vegatarian when i was 4 but my parents wouldn’t let me. I really became a vegatarian when i was 7 and 8 years later is still am.

Deleted User said 7 years, 2 months ago:

Saw a documentary on BBC when i was about 14 or 15. I’d always wanted to do it, but I was such a picky eater (ridiculously picky!!) that I just figured I wouldn’t be able to, or that I’d do it when I got older. The footage inside the slaughterhouse made me determined though. Best decision I’ve ever made.

Sayuri said 7 years ago:

“i don’t want my stomach to be a cemetery where they bury dead bodies.”
that was actually why king Akbar didn’t have meat
its a point though
i never thought about it that way
my reason is mainly because i don’t want them to suffer because of my hunger when there is plenty of food given to us by trees.

Deleted User said 6 years, 11 months ago:

Self-experimentation and I don’t want to kill.

Amethysta said 6 years, 8 months ago:

I don’t want to have a suffering energy (by this I mean eating someone who died by being brutally butchered) inside my body.

Deleted User said 6 years, 8 months ago:

I don’t like the idea of the fact that people are eating animals. I sometimes like to think of it as a “animal racist” kind of thing. People don’t eat cats, why would they eat a cow. It’s so gross.

But the most annoying thing ever is when people come up to you and either yell MEAT in your face to see if it bothers you. Or they ask how can you not eat meat? It’s soooo good! And I can think is how do yuo??

Firefly said 6 years, 4 months ago:

I’m an ethical vegan and I have been for about a year, before that I was vegetarian for 7 years. I don’t believe humans have the right to kill animals and the conditions they are kept in are inhumane and I want nothing to do with it

Deleted User said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Vegan ;)